Euro Action Replay on a USA RGB NES

Started by CrackLtd, May 10, 2009, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackLtd

Hi, due to help of acem77 and eastbayarb i am a proud owner of a USA RGB NES. After having minor problems its good working now. Recently i got a euro version of the Action Replay NES version. Of course i tied it, but it seems it doesnt work. All i got is a white screen. I tried it with US carts of Metroid, Lode Runner and Castlevania 2. No luck. Now i am not sure whats the source of the failure. Any hints? Does a Action Replay generally work nomore on a RGB modded NES, or is it because its a euro version, or is it just broken maybe? I have no other NES to test it, tho....any help from someone experienced?

kendrick

I have moved this topic, since you're asking about operation of software from a different region. In a nutshell, the RGB mod does not impact the region that the console reports itself as to the software (or vice versa.)

acem77

i just get a grey screen with my rgb modded nes.
on a unmodded nes i get an image but it is some what unstable near the top.

Th action replay does work on hte rgb nes just the video is not displayed.
I came up with a way to blindly enter codes so i can use it with the rgb nes.

blind usage guide.

the action replay starts at the 1st code entry location on the left side.

up and down selects one of five code entry loctions
B(up 1 value 0-F) A(down 1 value 0-F) LEFT or RIGHT selects new variable location.

000Y:YYxx(Y=ADDRESS X=VALUE)

SELECT VALUES WITH NES A AND B BUTTONS.

A        B
16=0=0
15=1=1
14=2=2
13=3=3
12=4=4
11=5=5
10=6=6
9=7=7
8=8=8
7=9=9
6=A=10
5=B=11
4=C=12
3=D=13
2=E=14
1=F=15

holding down any one button or direction on the nes pad will auto repeat.
like rapid fire. so hit the needed button fast. if you dont it will register multiple hits.

there is one switch on the nes action replay i have it in the up position(the female socket side).

so far any codes found in emulators will work just find with the real action replay.
you just have to modify the 1st parts as needed.

nes super dodge ball
infinite health 1st guy on team
xbox nes emulator code
3000058b:008f
nes action replay
0005:8b8f

CrackLtd

Nice guide, but this seems to be impossible to do, lol. I guess there is no way to make the AR work proper on a RGB NES. Okay, thanks for the help anyway.

acem77

Its not as hard as it looks a little practice is all it took me.
i wish there was a way to get it to work.
It does act like it needs to be in a pal system to work 100%

I was told no nes game/cart is pal only.
but this action replay has an unstable picture in my unmodded ntsc nes.....

CrackLtd

First i thought a 50/60 Hz switch maybe would fix that. But by  reading other threads i learned the NES cannot be modded with a 50/60 (pal/ntsc) mode switch. Bad. What about using an other cheating cartridge? Beseides the Action Replay there isthe  Game Genie cart. Should i give that one a try, or is that senseless too?