TELEVISION Mod?

Started by zedrein, October 04, 2008, 10:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedrein

OK, I just woke up with a revelation...Instead of searching for an old ass used RGB monitor, why can't I simlpy get RGB from my television set?! I mean, all TV's are an RGB monitor, so why couldn't I add a DB9 (or similar connector) directly on the TV and then wire the Red, Green, Blue, Ground, and Sync to the new connector?

Man I'm a genius.

viletim

Quote from: zedrein on October 04, 2008, 10:19:48 AM
OK, I just woke up with a revelation...Instead of searching for an old ass used RGB monitor, why can't I simlpy get RGB from my television set?! I mean, all TV's are an RGB monitor, so why couldn't I add a DB9 (or similar connector) directly on the TV and then wire the Red, Green, Blue, Ground, and Sync to the new connector?

Quote from: zedrein on September 30, 2008, 02:08:07 PM
When it comes to electronics, I am a fish out of water.

That's why.

zedrein

Quote from: viletim on October 04, 2008, 12:10:11 PM
Quote from: zedrein on October 04, 2008, 10:19:48 AM

Quote from: zedrein on September 30, 2008, 02:08:07 PM
When it comes to electronics, I am a fish out of water.

That's why.

Hum, well thanks for the detailed description on why it won't work :-\ Yes, I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea for one reason or another, I wanted to see exactly why.