Where do you US folks get your SCART connectors from?

Started by cgm, April 27, 2008, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgm

Subject says it all. I'm having a heck of a time finding these plugs to build cables here in the US. My locally owned and operated electronics store doesn't have any and the guy that was behind the counter since the place opened in 1962 or so looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for one and Digikey got nada. I am looking to order small quantities (less then 10), crimp style terminals are preferred, but solder style terminals are ok too.

kendrick

Please have a look through the forum by way of the search function at the top menu bar. This thread in particular is relevant to your question; although the Kycon link is out of date, they should still stock SCART connectors for low-quantity distribution.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2514.0

Endymion

In the past I purchased a lot of SCART equipment via ebay, from either the UK or Australia. Many sellers there still ship to the USA, although shipping might be a tad more, and of course you get to wait longer. Last year though I discovered Atlona, they appear to sell SCART and other various AV cables and items worldwide, the cables are serious quality, heavy stuff and you can pick up their wares right from amazon. Not sure if that's over your budget or not but as you can see there are a couple other vendors there with (marginally) cheaper cables.