I would like to make my PSONE screen all around

Started by ajsen1gma, December 20, 2005, 12:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsen1gma

I cut out the video in plug of a PSONE...and I put it into the PSONE screen...but I want to connect the plug to the Genesis I own...so I need pinouts of the motherboard underside of the plug

|________ |

The plug it self..I cut it out with the motherboard underneath...which has pins...so I need pins...Thank you very, very much :D

NFG

This post doesn't make much sense to me, anyone else want to have a go?

Also, ajsen1gma, buy a multimeter.  It'll help you find out where the pins on the bottom of the PCB are.  

kendrick

I believe AJ is indicating that he removed the four-conductor video jack from a PSOne console, and is using this to connect to a third-party PSOne screen that uses an integrated cable and plug instead of a separate cable. To me, this is a bit of an overengineered solution, since it makes more sense to tap the composite and audio input on the screen unit itself (or even better, the RGB input if there is one.) Why reuse components when you can run your own wires independently?

Going from tip to outer sleeve, I believe that the connections are video, left audio, right audio, ground. But I don't feel like pulling my PSOne apart to check. AJ, I think your post would be better served by some photographs, rather than ASCII art.

-KKC

NFG

This is where I started getting confused: my PSOne has no 'video jack', it has a PS multi-AV like every other playstation.  

kendrick

Neither of my PSOne consoles does either. I imagine it's a feature that was removed as a cost-cutting measure...

Well, I can't seem to find a picture. I do own a bunch of the PSOne cables with the four-conductor plug at both ends, so I know that there's some variant of the PSOne with that type of connector. Either way, it's self-evident how well the feature was received. :)

-KKC, resisting the urge to shop.

N.marc

hello

To [ ajsen1gma ] I was just wondering. When you said that you were modding  

your  PSONE. Were you talkng about the new version or about the very first  

Playstation 1 that came out? ( 1995- 01)

ajsen1gma

:huh: I'm extremely sorry about the misconception.

@N: The very first

@everyone: By video I kinda meant multi-AV :blush:

And I meant as this: I have a first party PSONE LCD.  But I want to connect it to my Genesis, without directly soldering to the internal pins...for I want to use the PSONE screen for something else too.  So I'm using the AVin Jack as a temporary bridge.  I cut it off the motherboard...with the motherboard of teh jack still on.  So now....I have a jack with pins on the bottom and I want to solder the JACK on to the Genesis.  Thank you

phreak97

you need to solder red green blue and composite sync from the genesis to the coresponding pins on the psone jack. all the info you need is on www.gamesx.com under the av pinouts section

ajsen1gma

If any of you want to try it...open up the big, gray Playstation...and check the Multi AV jack...you'll see what I mean by when I say I can't follow the pins... :huh:  

kendrick

That's why you need the multimeter, or some other device to test continuity. You may have to sacrifice a Playstation video cable and plug that into the socket, and then have the individual wires splayed out. The reason for this is because it's not likely that you'll be able to get a contact point or a logic probe into the AV jack. But once you do have a connection there, just run the other end of the tester along the contact side of the jack until you get continuity, and then note which pin it corresponds to.

It's basic path tracing. It's also necessary, given that there were about three motherboard varieties even in that first iteration of the Playstation, and that the contact side of the jack might not match up in all cases (even though the socket should, by definition.)

-KKC, who hasn't done enough gaming lately although he's loaded with free time.