Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Pixels needed

Started by NFG, October 26, 2005, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

I need help, and quick.  Please see this page for details:

http://nfg.2y.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pixel_art

Screenshots are required, by the bucketload.  They'll be decorations for the book, but I need a lot for the editors to choose from.

Your help is appreciated and will be rewarded.  

Thanks!

Vertigo

G/f is going out tonight with a friend to the theatre so I'll have a couple of spare hours. Will see what I can get done but by no means the whole lot.
Incidentally, I'm currently reading Power Up by Chris Kohler and his choice of screens left a lot to be desired (apart from the overtly pro-Nintendo stance of most of the book too, it's almost as if he hasn't heard of Sega), so I'm sure 'we' can do a lot better than that.

Vertigo

Lawrence, can you be a bit more specific re what you're after as far as just the console sections goes, do you specifically want shots that show the pinnacle of the console graphically, there is a sentence on that page but it's quite non-specific, so just technical beauty particuarly if it's by a notable personality, or what?
Perhaps a brief list of the sort of games that you can think of as worthwhile would be useful.

NFG

I need two things: images that show the progression of the console, from early titles to later masterpieces, and images that generally just show off.  Pretty things, shiny things.  It's an art book, coffee-table style, so the visuals are very important.

Vertigo

Rightio, I'll see what I can do tonight. And I'll also take some screenshots.