psone controllers dont work

Started by phreak97, October 11, 2004, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

for au$25 i got two psx's and a psone, all supposedly broken. the two psx's now work, and the psone will boot, but no controllers will work (they do get power, the analog light comes on when you press the button). in micro machines V3 it ran through the demos for a while then got some controller error. all i did was leave the controller plugged in, i hadnt touched it for a while when it errored..

anyway, all the fuses i can find seem fine.. anyone got any other suggestions?
aside from fuses, i dont know what im looking for

phreak97

meh, it was the little surface mount diode

NFG

Feel free to upload some pics so the rest of us might benefit from your knowledge.  =)

Don

Amazing how something as small as a diode can make such a difference in electronics. Ahhh... that's why they're great.  :P  Also, please do upload some pictures, they could help more people than you think.

phreak97

i have uploaded a pic, however, lawrence, you have had trouble with my pics before, i have never had anyone else complain, but if you have any suggestions youre welcome to let me know.
http://phreak97.experienced.tk/phreak97/diode.jpg

atom

Was their something visibly wrong with the diode? How did you come to the conclusion it was the problem?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

phreak97

nothing visible, i found somewhere on the net that with the normal psx's the diode on the controller pcb sometimes dies, so i did a double check and found the little surface mount diode in the psone, then my multimeter told me it was letting current go both ways.. i replaced it and all's good:)