NES2 Composite Mod - Few Q's.

Started by kazuo, October 23, 2003, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazuo

Okay, so I've done import mods on a few systems before (PS1/2/DC/SATURN) but I've never tried doing any kind of video mods like this. But being that RF is teh sucks, and I have a top loading NES (Its actually my sister's, but I use it :)), I think I am going to take the plunge and try to get some composite output going on it.

I do have a few questions for anyone who can answer, however...

QuoteThe above schematic details an amp needed to boost the level of the video signal.
[/b]...

Where the heck am I supposed to get an amp to boost the signal? Radio Shack? If so is there a part number or something specific I ask for? Or was it already listed in the parts needed at the top of the page and I am just foolish? ;p

Also, lastly, as far as the stereo plug goes, I assume I also get that at Radio Shack. How does one go about wiring up the video/audio to it, or will it be self-explanatory once I get the parts and look at them?

I know it sounds silly but I want to be aware of what xactly I'm gonna have to do than just jump into it and guess. I don't wanna kill my (sister's) NES!

Thanks in advance...  :ph34r:  

NFG

1. The amp is the little schematic at the bottom of the page.  The article is unclear, it was one of the first I put up on that site, so it's...  pretty ugly.

2. How you wire the connector is up to you, there's no rule or regulation specifying pinout.  Just make sure that your wiring is the same for both the male and female plugs, or you get trouble.  ;)

Lawrence.

matt

You can also use plan RCA jacks if you feel it will be more convenient than the phono jack.