15kHz monitors...

Started by Darkman, September 11, 2004, 03:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Hi

Sorry if this was discussed here before, but I really need your oppinions on small 15kHz RGB mnitors. I know that the best is Commodore 1084, but what about NEC Multisync/Multisync II? What other brands(that are available in Europe) are worth considering?

Martin

*buys cheap RGB TV from the UK/France*

Perfect :D  
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

D-Lite

QuoteHi

Sorry if this was discussed here before, but I really need your oppinions on small 15kHz RGB mnitors. I know that the best is Commodore 1084, but what about NEC Multisync/Multisync II? What other brands(that are available in Europe) are worth considering?
I'd like to know what other good monitors are too, but in the US.  I know about Sony's PVM series and all that, but they ain't cheap.  

But I wouldn't say the 1084 is the "best".  Definitely the cheapest.

TheAfu

Click Here The link leads to a database of monitors that you are looking for. ATM I need to dump my mitsubishi AM-2752A for the price I will sell it to someone here. Ebay is where I found my monitor look there and you usually can find something of interest.

atom

I swear this thread has been in here before, oh well ill say the same thing again.
Go to a pawn shop and look for a Commodore monitor or an APPLECOLOR RGB monitor :) Thats your best shot in the states.  :D

Edit: I just Reread your post and noticed you said you were from europe. Arent RGB monitors a very common thing over there? You know what SCART is right? Thats what I thought maybe im wrong.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Darkman

Well, yes, the SCART thingy is on every TV here. But the problem is elsewhere - new TVs come without any calibration whatsoever. I would need to enter the service mode and void my warranty.
An RGB monitor would alow me to quickly adjust picture position and size. A TV doesn't. In fact I have some freaky Sony 21" TV that gives a very sharp picture, but position adjustment works only for TV signal. Switch to RGB and the controls do nothing. I tried a few different settings, but everytime I switched to RGB I got the same wrong picture position and size.