Genesis CD bios eproms?

Started by D-Lite, September 08, 2004, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Lite

Basically I'm looking to get the multi-region bios eprom for the Sega Genesis CD models.  I ain't got the capability to burn it myself and Arakon over at SegaXtreme seems to not be around.

atom

Good luck, that would be quite the find i must admit. You know about GENS right?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

I've always been really interested in creating a eprom bios switch for my sega cd (and cdx).  It's something that is unfortunately too complicated for me to tackle, especially when going down the programming route.  But it would be amazing if you could accomplish it, I wish you the best of luck!

BTW, did you like the CDX FAQ I sent?  Any recommended improvements?  I never heard back from you after I emailed it....

-Segasonicfan

D-Lite

QuoteI've always been really interested in creating a eprom bios switch for my sega cd (and cdx).  It's something that is unfortunately too complicated for me to tackle, especially when going down the programming route.  But it would be amazing if you could accomplish it, I wish you the best of luck!

BTW, did you like the CDX FAQ I sent?  Any recommended improvements?  I never heard back from you after I emailed it....

-Segasonicfan
Yes, thanks for that FAQ!  It was pretty helpful.  Some minor things need to be changed (your directions for unscrewing are if the unit is upside-down, which isn't stated, plus you forgot the screw on the back).  I'm working on a CDX at the moment.  Damn it's tight in there....  :angry:

Since this thread was finally noticed I might as well tell everyone that I should be getting the Genesis bios soon!  Found someone that can provide it :)

Segasonicfan

yeah I wrote the FAQ up pretty quickly and since I always view the bottom as the top it gets things confusing (cause my portable cdx is played from the bottom).  if theres any more info you need LMK!
Yeah it is tight in there, try adding 60 wires, 12 dip switches , a D-SUB 9 and a radio...then youll be pulling your hair out like me!

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)