another led mod for my psx memory card

Started by phreak97, August 28, 2004, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

ok, the mod itself isnt that original at all, i just thought i'd post it cos it involves UV (ultra violet) leds, i have pics, but you cant see that they are uv at all in them..
there is an ebay shop where you can get packs of leds for $0.01 and $5 shipping worldwide. i got 20 2000mcd ultra violet high intensity leds..
you can get a pack of 20 5000mcd blue or white leds for the same price. you can either sacrifice amount or brightness for pink and ultra violet ones, i sacrificed the brightness, i wanted to get lots:P

EDIT: the led in the middle is one of the blue ones i got from that site a while ago.. not an ultra violet one.. only the two outer ones are UV.

crappy pics:

with no camera flash (dark room)
with camera flash

btw PM me if you want a link to the ebay store, i dont want to give it out to too many people or the prices will probably go up.

atom

Wait...
isn't UV invisible to the human eye?
doesn't it kill eyesight and cause cancer?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

phreak97

you know those black flouro tubes that make stuff glow?
thats the kinda UV im talkin about, only in high intensity LED form

atom

forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

phreak97

yeah, cept i see no black filter in these..

fragment

ok, I know where to pull the power from, but the problem is I can't get a good solder connection, and the light sometimes flickers. How did you get three of those connected so good? Also, what power are you pulling from 3.5 or higher? I didn't know I could fit one of those in there...

paul

QuoteWait...
isn't UV invisible to the human eye?
doesn't it kill eyesight and cause cancer?
yes, it does destroy your eyes.  i think the plastic *may* filter some out, though.

i still wouldn't put uv anything in my direct line of sight.  EVER.

NFG

There's different kinds of UV, dumbasses.  =P

Some wavelengths are good at killing living cells, some are good at making your 1983 PacMan black felt poster light up like a living thing without doing much more than making you dizzy.  =)

dj898

so I can have tan while playing PS instead of lying on the beach?
Cooool... :D