News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Dead Saturn

Started by Staceman, August 20, 2004, 03:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staceman

My Sega Saturn is messed up, and I'm wondering if it's repairable. Here are the symptoms:

It powers on, the boot screen and sound come on, but it just stays there. With the top cover off, and the door switch held, upon powering on, if the laser is toward the spindle, it moves the whole way in the other direction, and tries to go even further, making the plastic gears click a few times before it gives up. The CD spindle jerks slightly, but doesn't really move more than a millimeter.

Are these familiar symptoms? Is the CD motor done for? (is a replacement easily found?) This just suddenly happened one night after playing a game. It was working one minute, changed games, and then it was dead.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Martin

Reaplace teh CD drive :P
Erm...
www.sega-parts.com  - sega console repair experts (with stupidly high prices  :D )
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

Staceman

:lol: I think I'll pass. That's just nuts!

I have a nephew picking me up a Saturn from some place in VA Beach for about $20. I have a SegaCD with the exact same problem, and they told him they let them go for about $12 when they get them in.  :)

The broken Saturn will make a nice guinea pig for various CD motor experiments, however. :)