neo geo mvs/aes cart conversion...

Started by gaz, August 17, 2004, 12:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaz

hi there,

i was wondering how you go about converting neo geo arcade mvs cartridges to work on the home system...unless of course this highly illegal...

i know you need a donor aes cart, but which bits  do you replace?? i guess it must be different for every game since some have a higher meg count than others...

cheers anyway,

gaz

NFG

The people who know are REALLY stingy with the info, they don't like to tell anyone 'cause it'll destroy the ludicrous pricing of their precious carts and 'cause they're selling convertor carts for $400 a pop (or were, at least).

Basically you need a sacrifice cart with the same non-ROM chips as the MVS one, but that's about as much as I know.  There was a guide online at one point.

gaz

yeah i know what you mean, i've seen converted carts on e-bay being sold for almost as much as originals. the thing is i'd love to get my hands on a copy of metal slug, but we all know i've got f**k all chance of getting an original unless i remorgage my house, and i don't want to pay 100's of ��s for a converted one...i've seen mvs metal slug sell for under �30... i'm wondering whether it might be worth experimenting...

gaz

that is f**king awesome...

thanks MKL...and thanks lawrence... you guys truly rule