Super Nintendo Controller

Started by Rising Dragon, October 15, 2003, 03:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rising Dragon

Ok, I'm new here but I have been reading, I haven't found anything on modding a SNES controller to work with the PC..  This was probably talked about earlier but I want my SNES contrl, to be USB and work with my pc so anyone have any tips to toss my way please.. the following colors I have in my wiring are Usb cable white, green, black, and red assuming that the red is a power source and the black is the grnd. common sense right. now with the Snes controller the colors I have are as read. white, yellow, red, orange, brown.  I would really like to play my Mario RPG on the Zsnes emu I have with the old fashioned controllers..  

hemphacker

There's no way to just wire up a snes controller (or any other console controller, except xbox) to the usb port, but I'm currently working on an adaptor that would connect NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, Sega Genesis, (and however much else I can fit into the microcontroller) to the computer. I've just started, so I don't have it done yet, but I've got most of the code for the SNES done. My occasionally updated website is NES on USB.

Scared0o0Rabbit

Alternately if you have a printer port free (or don't mind unplugging your printer) go search for ntpad and directpad pro.

Edit:  Though I too would like to see a usb interface for snes controllers  :D  

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Rising Dragon

Well I found a few links which I'll include. I think once I get some diodes I'll be ready to roll. pics to come soon..  :blink: hehe forgot to add the links..

http://www.dreamcliff.com/personal/daniel/.../jump/specs.htm

Scared0o0Rabbit

I have a 4 port parallel interface for snes that's housed in a snes multitap.  I did the same thing for my psx interface, except it's only got 2 ports, and has an led indicator.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Rising Dragon

How did you add the LED indicator? can you give instructions on this? if your using diodes can you tell me how those are hooked up also?

Scared0o0Rabbit

Well, I can't remember exactly what I did, I know I used external power for my psx adaptor, as such I just pulled 5v off that, however, if 5v is used in the diagram you should theoretically be able to pull the power for the led from that, though that may be too much of a draw off your parallel port.  Unless you are going with an external power build, then I wouldn't bother with an LED.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Rising Dragon

Yeah I got to thinking about that I seen somewhere that you could put a molex plug on this  interface and itt would help regulate the 5v you need.. I just wanted to  have something blink while I play lol  :blink:  

DarkKobold

HempHacker: We should work together, since we are trying to do the same thing. I've got the code working to read from a SNES controller, I just don't have the working code to use USB.... give me an email at kylethomson@NOSPAMqtm.net (remove nospam) We can share code, and get it done faster!

Rising Dragon

Ok so I bought all the parts to build this printer adapter for under 17$ at radioshack one thing  I could not get the controller to work  I ruined the controller. I need to  find one of my older  controllers that don't work and  use that cord to fix this other one an adapter.

hemphacker

Got a SNES controller working on USB!!!

evil

Can you post more details on your web site???

ps. i think the chip numbers on your web page are wrong (microchip site has no matching numbers)

hemphacker

Thanks evil. I'm lexdisic... I mean dislexic (sp?) at times. The chip I'm using is the PIC16C745. I just put up some more info about it, but I don't know what to say about it yet. Just keep checking back I guess. Also I don't want to abuse this forum with details of my website, so PM me or email me if you have any other questions or suggestions.