New Etarikashikoshi ram expansion preorder open

Started by arananet, September 18, 2024, 05:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arananet

Hi All,

In case someone is interested, I've opened a new preorder of the Etarikashikoshi ram expansion board.

Available here: https://www.arananet.net/pedidos/product/etarikashikoshi-x68000-8mb-ram-midi-board-preorder

Thanks,
Edu

Estrayk

I post just to say that I have one of these from Edu Arana from the first batch and it works perfectly. totally recommendable guys

incrediblehark

@arananet Thanks for making these! I got one in the last batch, glad to see more options out there for people. Any plans for the pi-midi expansion board for it? Looking forward to that when it is available.

rezb1t

I'd like to order one but I have a question, has the newer version been tested on a higher clock speed X68000, like the X68030 or a Compact Red Zone?

I have a 24mhz modded Compact and I just want to be sure MIDI will work.

Thanks!

arananet

Quote from: incrediblehark on September 18, 2024, 11:23:52 AM@arananet Thanks for making these! I got one in the last batch, glad to see more options out there for people. Any plans for the pi-midi expansion board for it? Looking forward to that when it is available.

Yes, soon will launch a pre-order for the pimidi expansion.

arananet

Quote from: rezb1t on September 18, 2024, 12:41:56 PMI'd like to order one but I have a question, has the newer version been tested on a higher clock speed X68000, like the X68030 or a Compact Red Zone?

I have a 24mhz modded Compact and I just want to be sure MIDI will work.

Thanks!

Yes, we modify the firmware and latest version is compatible with higher clock (standard).

aotta

Hi Arananet, i ordered the  30th one of previous batch, and waiting it arrive home.
From what I read, it works only on 2mb machines, i wonder if there's a plan to add a switch or something so for compatibility with 1mb X68k, like the Galpanic's v.1.2 expansion?
Thank you again for your masterpiece!

aotta

Etarikashikoshi arrived yesterday and it works flawless on the ACE HD where i installed it!
Tested ram with Memtest68K and MIDI audio (since now only in few games) and all went fine.
It's cheaper than other RAM + Midi combo i bought, and i love the faceplate included.
Waiting for the Pi-midi expansion add-on, i think it could be the icing on the cake.
Definitively reccommended!

The only thing not clear to me is how to use the "usb-like" connector Pi-MIDI port: the manual say it's for Pi-Midi devices, i use a Bulky Midi-32 based on MT32-Pi and i have only Midi Din connectors.
Anyone is using that port and could give some more info?