It was not possible to start the system. Reboot

Started by maretali, September 10, 2024, 11:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maretali

Hello, I have a x68000 compact xvi with an internal IDE ATA 2.5" notebook HD adapted with an iscsi to ide adapter. I tried to write a few images on HD, and only one image worked, the sxsi-scsi v2.20 in the internal HD. Ok. But I'm trying to write a disk to test, and all of them when I try to boot, says "It was not possible to start de system. Reboot." The same occurs with others images that I tried to write on 2.5 IDE HD. See the images attached and the video I shared:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7RoZX4GcKkM7iq7f9

When I type any key, the message BUS ERROR appears.

Can you help me what can be those errors? Sorry for my bad english.

16bitgium

Have you removed the battery? Before I did this I also always had errors like that.

incrediblehark

Try holding CLR while powering on your compact to clear the SRAM. You'll have to reconfigure your settings in Switch.x after though

l_oliveira

Hello.  This message (I assume you're using the master disk from this forum file archive) or the original one in Japanese usually appears because Human68K requires two working floppy drives to boot. It is loading from one drive, when it scans the other 3 possible drive IDs on the floppy drive bus and don't find other it displays that message. It does not mean the drive isn't connected but it might be broken in a way Human68K can't detect it's presence.

It is not uncommon that the drive head plastics dry out and become brittle snapping at the spring that pushes the top head down. When that happens often the broken plastic also makes it so the head is unable to move back to the track 0 position and sensing the track 0 sensor is exactly how Human detects that drives are present. It is possible to disconnect the track 0 sensor from the PCB on the tower models which will cause it to "detect" every time even if the head cannot move properly. Still you have to avoid putting discs on the drive as you may damage the disks.

I don't know anything about the bus error message, though.