XRGB-2+ converter EUR Scart to JPN RGB

Started by cyberna, October 14, 2003, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberna

Hi,

I have seen the pics to modify the X-RGB-2+ but I�m not very good soldering things and I�m afraid if I try to make the mod in the XRGB-2+ I�m going to broke it, so I prefer a converter to use my Scart RGB cables (which would be easier to build too!), the question is, I�m having some problems (I�m a novice sorry... :( ).

I have been checking the pins in the Scart cable to localize every pin... and I have got these schematics:

(name)(Euro Scart pin)(JPN RGB pin)

-Red 15->15
-Red Shield 13->13 (necesary?)
-Green: 11->19
-Green Shield: 9->17 (necesary?)
-Blue: 7->20
-Blue Shield: 5->18 (necesary?)
-Sync: ?->9 (maybe pin 17?)
-Sync Shield: ?->7 (maybe pin 20?)
-Audio Left: 6->5
-Audio Left Shield: 4->3
-Audio Right: 2->1
-Audio Right Shield: 4->3
-+5V: 8?->16
-Ground 21->21

My first question is:

which are the Euro Scart pin numbers of these (those with the ?)?:

-SYNC
-SYNC SHIELD
-+5V

My first question is, do I need to solder all of this pins to make an universal adapter?, I have been checking all my RGB Scart cables but none of those (DC, PSX,Ps2, XBOX,NGC and SS) use the shield pins (13,9,5,4)... ok, there is an exception: the SS Scart cable use the pin 4 (Audio shield right + left) but this is the only one with this feature... Which are the necessary pins to use every console with the XRGB-2+?

Thanks in advanced

cyberna

is pin 8 needed?

E    J
+5V= 16 16 (Do I need this?)
Sync= 20 9
Sync shield= 17 7

Is this right?

benmemphis

Euro scart -> X-RGB2+ scart

-Red 15->15
-Red Shield 13->13
-Green: 11->19
-Green Shield: 9->17
-Blue: 7->20
-Blue Shield: 5->18
-Sync: 20->9
-Sync Shield: 17->7
-Audio Left: 6->1
-Audio Left Shield: 4->3
-Audio Right: 2->5
-Audio Right Shield: 4->3
-Ground 21->21

Pins 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16 on x-RGB2+ aren't connected so you only need to connect the above signal and ground lines. Don't need Euro Scart pins 8 and 16. If you are converting a cable you only need the ground lines which are already included on the cable (makes no difference which ground pin you connect them to). For a plug to socket converter connect all the ground lines as above. Also note Left Audio is pin 1 and Right Audio is pin 5 on X-RGB2+.

Ben Memphis