ZuluSCSI mini RP2040 on SASI

Started by Sebastian77, November 14, 2023, 01:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian77

Just to inform that works without any issue on X68000 ACE.

You need to add this parameter in zuluscsi.ini :

EnableParity = 0

Mastercost

Hi, can i ask you the way to set the v4 image on the sd? I have the same model of zulu mini but the led flash 3 times and my super (scsi termination) dont't find the device.
I have used winimage to set the image but i don't do anithing else. Were i wrong?
Thanks

aotta

I use bluescsi and ardscsino, but I'm pretty sure you have simply to copy an image file in zuluscsci too, and not a physical write to the sdcard with winimage.
Follow this guidelines:
https://github.com/erichelgeson/BlueSCSI/wiki/Usage

Mastercost

I tried every way. either via Win Image or by directly copying the image to the SD. once connected it flashes 3 times (no image detected). I also tried renaming the file as I read but nothing. I tried updating the firmware and still got no results

Sebastian77

Quote from: Mastercost on December 18, 2023, 07:16:50 AMHi, can i ask you the way to set the v4 image on the sd? I have the same model of zulu mini but the led flash 3 times and my super (scsi termination) dont't find the device.
I have used winimage to set the image but i don't do anithing else. Were i wrong?
Thanks

Hi Mastercost

Try rename the V4 image to "HD30_512.HDA" , format the SD Card using fat32 , copy the image to card , create a file called "zuluscsi.ini" put the below parameters and copy to the card too.

[SCSI]
SelectionDelay = 255
EnableSCSI2 = 0
EnableParity = 0

This is the exactly configuration I'm using and it's working. The firmware I'm using is v2023.09.07 , also check zululog.txt , is created or updated on the card every time it boots.

aotta

And, try several different sdcard! I got working only 3 of 11 i checked, even if the no sdcard detected error code is 5 times flashes. 3 times flash is the no image found error, so follow Sebastian77 steps accurately, and you should sort out!

Mastercost

thank you guys. From what I understand I don't have to use win image. Regarding the .ini file, do I have to create a text file from scratch and insert that data, or is there a downloadable zuluscsi.ini file? If so, where can I find it? and the firmware file only needs to be inserted into the card?
sorry but I have no experience with the device

Mastercost

I did some testing. whatever I do flashes 5 times. if I use win image it flashes 3 times. I don't know if I said this before but I use it on an x68k super. Firmware 09.07 is no longer available. I just have to try another SD card

Sebastian77

Quote from: Mastercost on December 20, 2023, 03:56:33 AMthank you guys. From what I understand I don't have to use win image. Regarding the .ini file, do I have to create a text file from scratch and insert that data, or is there a downloadable zuluscsi.ini file? If so, where can I find it? and the firmware file only needs to be inserted into the card?
sorry but I have no experience with the device

Hi Mastercost

About the zuluscsi.ini just create any txt file , edit with those parameters and rename to zuluscsi.ini , don't use winimage , format the card using fat32 and copy the zuluscsi.ini and the V4 image to the card but don't forget rename the V4 image to HD30_512.HDA . Mine is an Ace so should work with the Super.

I think that should work with the latest firmware , I'll try and report here.

Mastercost

I finally succeeded. After all possible tests, I can confirm that:
-the exact name of the image must be hd0.hda
-the.ini file must be the original one and write as "x68000" machine
-no SD flash program must be used, including Win Image

Thank you so much guys!!!

Mastercost

but I have one last doubt. If I want to start a game from floppy, how do I do it?

aotta

Quote from: Mastercost on December 23, 2023, 08:35:52 AMbut I have one last doubt. If I want to start a game from floppy, how do I do it?
AFAIK, pressing Opt1 key while booting