Need Help Or Info About HDD ( .HDS ), How Open This In editdisk (Disk Explorer)?

Started by Sugo77, October 24, 2023, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugo77

incrediblehark, Man, sorry as so many questions to you about SX-Window... ( On Previous Page 1, In Message 39 https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?msg=49063 )
This because something totally new for me, and very interesting! Just want undersatnd, and want get some results...

We are can do step by step... For example, in priority question, why i can see my HDD ( .HDS ) in SX-Window, but can't use it? Why can't going inside this HDD?
Need again formating-intialise this HDD or what?

P.S.:
But, we are already have doing Initialisating and Formating this HDD ( .HDS ) before, for what again need to do this or not need ( Then how begin use HDD ( . HDS ) inside SX-Window ) or maybe me not understand something?
Tester

Sugo77

After time, i found some information, what also possible, by method just copy all files from Floppy Disk A: SX-Window v3.1 (1993)(Sharp)(Disk 1 of 5)(System) to HDD ( .HDS ) into main Root, this must will be load \ run Visual Shell SX-Window, and then when we are will be boot from HDD, it is  always will be a autorun \ load SX-Window on it, even without inserted Floppy with this!
After also need will be copy all files from others Floppy Disks With SX-Window v3.1 to HDD, with Visual Shell SX-Window, but now inside shell!

Btw, i think i can't use HDD ( .HDS ), maybe because he is with other Operation System Human68k version 1.00, which i copyied from Disk Gradius before. and maybe this why this goved conflicts, and SX-Window opration system suggests formatting the disk... -this just my guesses, and thoughs about this...
Better, i will try again, with new, empty HDD ( .HDS ), slowly, how always step by step for understand...

incrediblehark, if you are can added someting, this will be also good...

P.S.:
I will try to do something in free time( I busy on this moment with other work... ), with information, which i got in internet about SX-Window...
And ofcourse will be posting results after work...
Tester

Sugo77

incrediblehark, this command DRIVE A: C:
Not working to me... :(

Maybe we are miss something?

P.S.:
I working in emulator xm6_typeg_336_20230523
Tester

incrediblehark

if you need help installing SX-Window check this thread:

https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5554.0

To fix your DRIVE command, edit your AUTOEXEC.BAT with the following lines at the beginning of the file:

CD BIN
DRIVE A: C:
PATH C:\;C:\SYS;C:\BIN;C:\BASIC2;C:\ETC;
CD ..
DRIVE A: B:

Save the file and reboot your system.

This should map your hard disk as C:, floppy drive 0 as A:, and floppy drive 1 as B:

As for your other messages, one of the screenshots looks like SX Window was loaded from the floppy disk which is most likely why you can't see or access the hard drive. if installed to the hard disk you should be able to access it.

Sugo77

incrediblehark, man, was busy at other...
I still can't understand, how rename Drivers Names A on C, and floppies...
Where?
In Notepad on my PC or in DOS?
I sucesfully installed SX-Window, but i not have any AUTOEXEC.BAT into, not in BIN, not where, only in games...
1.:

2.:
Tester

incrediblehark

You can edit on your PC or within XM6 on your hdd image. Either way should work.

Sugo77

incrediblehark Man, if talk true i was build my SX-Window by this Video-Tutorial
, and i not sure on which step and why i lost AUTOEXEC.BAT... :(
I added pictures to previous my post to you...

P.S.:
Maybe AUTOEXEC.BAT now have just other name?
Tester

Sugo77

incrediblehark,
By typed command in DOS:

CD BIN

I got this:

And by typed command in DOS:
I got this:

But, after Reset system-emulator, Discks\Drivers again back to their basic\default meaning...
Why, and how saved changed results in DOS? Which command for it or buttons?

P.S.:
And for what this in your message, in old post:
"PATH C:\;C:\SYS;C:\BIN;C:\BASIC2;C:\ETC;
CD .."
I just ignored this, beacsue just not understand, what for this?...
Tester

Sugo77

Not understand, can't save changes in DOS, and\or can't found AUTOEXEC.BAT... :(
I even extracted all files from SX-Window to empty folder on PC in Real Life, and no files, with .bat for changing meanings \ test in this... :(
+Half of files on Japanese language, but anyway no format .bat, only 2 files in .bat HUMAN.SYS and CONFIG.SYS...
In folder BIN, 0 files with .bat...
:(
Tester

Sugo77

Found AUTOEXEC.BAT only here - on Floppy BLANK_disk_X68000.d88, and inside SX-Window found some files with .bat, but not sure yet...

We are lost AUTOEXEC.BAT in process by use Video-Tutorial, but not remember when and where and why? And on what this changing... :(
Tester

Sugo77

incrediblehark, help me man, only on your are last hope... :(

P.S.:
in AUTOEXEC.BAT - on Floppy BLANK_disk_X68000.d88
This Command\Text( I saw this in Notepad++):

ECHO OFF
PATH A:\;A:\SYS;A:\BIN;A:\BASIC2;A:\ETC;
SET FASTIO=DONE
IF %FASTIO% == DONE GOTO SKIP
FASTIO 384 -S32 -D -F -E
FASTSEEK 128
FASTOPEN 100
SET FASTIO=DONE
:SKIP
Tester

incrediblehark

sorry for not getting back to you sooner. You can use the Autoexec.bat you found on the d88 image and edit and copy to the root of your hard drive. Just try editing the autoexec.bat with the commands I mentioned in a previous post. Or, you can make your own Autoexec.bat file by renaming a plain text file (name and extension) and adding your commands. It works exactly like DOS.

Sugo77

incrediblehark, man, 2 things what i was do:
1.: First, when i founds AUTOEXEC.BAT - on Floppy BLANK_disk_X68000.d88, first what i was do copied this faile from d88 to HDD (.HDS ) in SX-Window in main root(By using Disk Explorer), and ofcourse i typed ths command(By using Notepad++ on PC):
CD BIN
CD ..
But! Nothing happens to me, still A ( HDD), and B free slot for only 1 floppy disk... :(

2.: I was try to do \ typed this command in DOS:
CD BIN
DRIVE A: C:.
And this was gived results And this was gived results ( I showed this results here: https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?msg=49101 ), but after reset machine all meanings \ values again back to default\basic meanings, values, i think because i do not know how save changes in DOS?(Maybe some command for this?) , but after reset machine all meanings \ values again back to default\basic meanings, values, i think this because i don't know how save changes in DOS?(Maybe exists some command for save chsanges in DOS?)

3.: Main quetsion:
This command full for AUTOEXEC.BAT?
CD BIN
CD ..

I mean, for example, in begin need
ECHO OFF?
If yes, then which will be full text-command? For example this?:
ECHO OFF
CD BIN
CD ..

This full? Or not need ECHO OFF in begin? Or need?

Anyway, i think if we are doing by method which showed in video-tutorial, then maybe SX-Window runned not from file AUTOEXEC.BAT, and this why not working this your command, but not sure...

Hm, and then, if reason in this, then just an idea, from logic, maybe need remove something from this files, for run AUTOEXEC.BAT? But, what(Which file?) if yes?
https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?msg=49098
Or maybe need something change-adding?

P.S.:
I not understand what now run SX-Windows, if not AUTOEXEC.BAT, and AUTOEXEC.BAT maybe now was transformed in something other, in other file for run?(This quetsion not in prority, another questions need to understand...)

And about this - "sorry for not getting back to you sooner" (About time) not worry, main solve problems and get some results - this main...
Tester

incrediblehark

Try the attached AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS in your hds image:

If you haven't yet, you should copy the following folders (and all files in them) to your hard drive from the master disk:

ASK
BASIC2
BIN
ETC
HIS
SYS

Also make sure you have the following files from master disk in the root of your hard drive:

COMMAND.X
BEEP.SYS
KEY.SYS
STARTUP.ENV
USKCG.SYS

And the 2 files in my zip in the root of your hard drive as well:

AUTOEXEC.BAT
CONFIG.SYS

If you have all of these installed and reboot your system, it should configure your drives the way you want them. If you have SX Window installed and want it to boot from that, add the following lines to your AUTOEXEC.BAT

Add C:\SHELL to your PATH commands
Add these lines at the end of the AUTOEXEC.BAT:

BREAK OFF
FSX.X
SXWIN.X
FSX.X -R

These are what I have in my SXWindow BAT file. It assumes FSX.X is in your SYS folder and SHELL folder has your SX Window files.

Try the files I attached first to see if it resolved your DRIVE issue, and go from there.

Sugo77

incrediblehark, for load Visual Shell SX-Window, i must change-adding in this your basic command:
ECHO OFF
CD BIN
CD ..

Additional text-commandsomething like that:
ECHO OFF
CD BIN
PATH C:\;C:\SYS;C:\BIN;C:\BASIC2;C:\ETC;C:\SHELL
CD ..
BREAK OFF
FSX.X
SXWIN.X
FSX.X -R

Correct-no?
Tester

Sugo77

incrediblehark, after spended additional time, and by use this command in AUTOEXEC.BAT:
ECHO OFF
CD BIN
CD ..
BREAK OFF
FSX.X
SXWIN.X
FSX.X -R

I got this result:

Now:
Drive 0 = A
Drive 1 = B
This is all good, but we are lost now HDD Disk C , with Folders, files, drivers, etc on C, for example Folder Games...
Why?
In Visual Shells Human68k, HDD C And Empty Floppies Drives A, B (This 3) was vissible in HDD ( .HDF ), but in SX-Window - no, i wrong with command or what?
Tester

Sugo77

Got where HDD C... :)
In Icon "x68" inside Visual Shell\OS SX-Window

P.S.:
Btw, about old question from this post
https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?msg=49101
This is possible save changes in DOS by some command or no?(If yes, which comman then? Or by other method?) Want understood and know only for my self... Not found in internet information...

Tester

incrediblehark

What changes do you want saved? All of those commands need to be saved in your autoexec.bat to keep settings when you boot.

There is a patch for human.sys someone made that will automatically adjust drive assignments for you, but it involves patching within human68k. I have a version of it running on my hdd image, link is located in these forums.

Sugo77

incrediblehark, for example, when i doing this changes in DOS(On this balck screen, with white color text, how on this screenshot. I mean not in Visual Shells or in Modern Windows by using Notepads) by this commands:

Disks changes their names, but only in DOS, and only when i in DOS, but after Reset machine ( \ Emulator ), meanings again auto-vack on default-basic values...
This about what i try asked...
If i doing some changes in DOS in emulators of Sharp x68000, not in Notepad++ in modern Windows... In Modern time if i do changes in AUTOEXEC.BAT by using Notepad++ , with this all okay and now all working for me(By use your commands) in SX-Window(And now how and i was want Floppy Disks\Drives 0=A, Disk 1=B, Hard Disk C), but i was mean, this possible do saves changes in DOS, iif yes, then by which command or buttons on Keyobard, maybe by combination of button? If not possible then okay, if you are not sure about this, also okay, means no-no... You are always give big helpful with many info, and thanks for it! What you are shared with all this information!

P.S.:
I was just want to know, for myself, this is possible or no save any changes by any command or buttons after changes in DOS... And how if yes? No-no...

Additional infromation, on this my screenshot, this me was typed in DOS next your commands:
CD BIN
DRIVE A: C: (+After I press Enter, and this gived results how on my screenshot)

DRIVE A: B: (+After I press Enter, and this gived results how on my screenshot)

This gived me results, how on screenshot(Even by use command dir for see files inside disks, Hard Disk A and files now was in C, Floppy Drive 0 now was A, 1 = B), but only in DOS, when i was in DOS. This changes was not saved after Reset Machine\Emulator, Disks again was with deafult names... Beacuse i think, changes in DOS not was saved...
By use Notepad++ in Modern Windows for do changes all work fine, but i just was to understand, possible or no save changes in DOS... And how if yes? No-no...
Anyway thanks!
Tester

incrediblehark

Ok, I think I understand. When you set those commands in DOS, they do not save when you reset the computer. That is why they need to be in your Autoexec.bat file. Those commands need to be entered each time you start the machine. You can edit the Autoexec.bat or Config.sys files within Human68k's DOS-like interface using the edit command, for example at the command prompt:

ED AUTOEXEC.BAT

when you are done making your changes to the autoexec.bat file, hit ESC and then X, this will save your changes and create a backup of your previous Autoexec.bat called Autoexec.BAK.

I hope this answered your question, I apologize if I misunderstood.

Sugo77

incrediblehark,
1.:
Everything is fine, you understand...
After a while, I still thought about how best to express what I want say(Express eanings in text), and after thinking I wanted to add a little more to my previous big post, for greater clarification and better understanding, but you already answered before me...
In general, the fact is that I made changes to DOS using your commands even before you sent me the AUTOEXEC.BAT file with your commands...
It turns out I did this in DOS, even without AUTOEXEC.BAT, and the commands worked... So something somewhere changed and was edited even without AUTOEXEC.BAT, or it existed somewhere and was in Japanese, or it changed in another launched file...
Remember, in previous posts, I wrote to you and sent you these screenshots with a list of files in SX-Window, which I installed using a video tutorial from YouTube:
https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?msg=49098
And remember, then I said the AUTOEXEC.BAT file was not even on the SX-Window, it was not found by me on the d88, but I never transferred it to my SX-Window, while the commands in DOS for changing the names of the disks, somehow they worked and worked, even without AUTOEXEC.BAT, but they weren't saved after reset Machine\Emulators of Sharp x68000... Because i not was know how save changes in DOS... Now know... Will try in free time... For experements and for knowledges... But, not sure will be work or no, i mean will be save changes in DOS or no without AUTOEXEC.BAT Hm, interesting... I will be do tests with AUTOEXEC.BAT and without, how i was do pre my messages to you...(How i was do few days ago even without modicated file AUTOEXEC.BAT)

2.:
incrediblehark, man check please, this your code i finished correct or no in AUTOEXEC.BAT? For visuall shell SX-Window correctly run\loaded and work::
ECHO OFF
CD BIN
CD ..
BREAK OFF
FSX.X
SXWIN.X
FSX.X -R

This work(And SX-Window loaded, run, and working), but i want understand, this correct and full code?(For correct work of all) I asked, because in your files to me, was only begin of this code, heh...
So, this 2 questions, more precisely, 2 clarifications for you...
Tester

incrediblehark

Yes, that should be the full code as far as I know, to load up the drive commands and execute sx window (if it is installed on your system).

Sugo77

incrediblehark. hello man!
We are working and interesting now at other theme...
This theme name KO-Window.
If you are have some expirence in this and knowdges, you are also can enjoy to us...
https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6769.msg49142#msg49142

After spended some time, i got some results in that, but again just how beginner, and trying solve some problems...( 50 on 50, still some problems into it, all in topic on which i gived link...)
Tester

Sugo77

incrediblehark. hello again!
Next trouble...
From 3 months, i sucesfully runned by many methods about 49 games of 50 from HDD ( .HDS ) in Visuall Shell SX-Window, but only one game can't run...
This game named:
Mega Lo Mania
From Floppy Disks:
Megalomania (1993)(Imagineer)(Disk 1 of 2)
Megalomania (1993)(Imagineer)(Disk 2 of 2)
I saw this strategy from SEGA on other platform in video on YouTube...
But, i want solve problem with run this game on Sharp x68000...

I was try run and by use and this method(By use this commands in autoexec.bat), and from copy all files from Floppy Disks with game to folder and puted to HDD by use Disk Explorer, etc:
2hdboot -$4 -aDisk1.XDF -bDisk2.XDF

Disks of course i changed -bDisk1.XDF -aDisk2.XDF or even -aDisk1.XDF -bDisk2.XDF -aDisk1.XDF, etc... Anyway fail..

And from many methods from this page:
https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:installing_games_to_hard_drive

But, anyway, in end always gets one-same fail reult with this message:

incrediblehark, maybe you are can help and solve how this run, or this game just can't be run on emulators of Sharp x68000? Or maybe broken?(But, i downloaded for tests this game Megalomania from many sources, and always same failed result with run this game...)

Just this one game of 50 successfully runned and testes games, which i tested in 3 months cant run by many methods... :(
Even just from Floppy Disks From Drives!...(Always same fail result, with this message, which on screenshot)

Tester