News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Schematics?

Started by mattsoft, June 06, 2023, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsoft

Has anyone identified a source for X68k schematics? Specifically, I'm trying to find monitor schematics. I have a couple of Sharp CRTs that have problems, but it's very difficult to troubleshoot without schematics. Google is not my friend here. Ugh!

kamiboy

The only schematics for X68000 I have ever seen is for the OG Tower Model (CZ-600C). If schematics exist for any other X68000 hardware your only chance of finding it is via Japanese language sources on the web.

watto

Quote from: kamiboy on June 13, 2023, 06:20:05 PMThe only schematics for X68000 I have ever seen is for the OG Tower Model (CZ-600C). If schematics exist for any other X68000 hardware your only chance of finding it is via Japanese language sources on the web.

XVI schematics are also available: https://nfggames.com/X68000/index.php/Schematics/Outside%20X68000%20-%20Schematics/  Also several expansion boards.

There were a few different X68000 monitors, not aware of any schematics for any of them.  CRTs pretty much all follow the same design, so normally you'd trace back from the part of it you think is causing a problem.  I don't recall ever having schematics to work on TVs or monitors back in the olden days, although I spent more time fixing VCRs back then.  Obligatory CRTs contain dangerous voltages, etc.