News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

new Expert Owner

Started by Vanne, April 08, 2022, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanne

Hi everyone,

Even though i joined and lurked for a long time, I only just finally managed to catch one of these that ive been looking for for a long time. 

Proud new owner of an Expert, though still in the mail, and fingers (and everything else) are crossed that it gets to my place in one piece.

Not new to the retro scene, but mostly my stuff consists of CBM C64/128/Amiga and Atari 8 bit gear, I also have a collection of SGI machines, more broken than working, but hey its a hobby :)

Ive been pretty keen to get into this side of the action a bit, but the costs involved are pretty high. I was lucky enough to snatch a box within my price range, though it does need some upgrades. (looking at Ram/Midi and BlueScuzi)

anyways, just thought id say Hi and if your ever in Dubai, the fridge is always full of beer. :D

Hopefully i can learn a lot from you guys and gals while i noobishly enter Sharp x68k ownership.

Cheers

V.

Expert CZ-602C rookie

cat9921

Welcome to the family. You lucky man I don't have an Expert yet, just X68000 original. That will be my next treat 2024 ???? I think ( when the wife lets me have money )

Anyhow welcome to the forum look thought post to help you, and there are some great guys on here to help out if needed

All the best m8

Vanne

Thanks man, I dont recon there's much of a difference between the original and the expert, I would have loved to gotten one of the 16mhz switchable models, but those were going for more than dubble of what I payed for this one..

Crazy really, I work on smiles per dollar. :)

Yay it's on its way :)

Cheers V.
Expert CZ-602C rookie

sananaman

Hi, welcome. Good luck with it. It is a nice journey.

I just got my entire X68000 set from Japan since a couple of weeks ago.
Join X68000 on Discord