Saving HDS as HDF format

Started by alfred_pennyworth, April 07, 2022, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred_pennyworth

Does anyone have a setup to open the image 'X68000_MDX.HDS' and then save the image to HDF format?

SuperDeadite

Are you trying to convert a SCSI image to a SASI image?  Not really useful as on X68000, SCSI supports partitions up to 1GB.  But SASI is limited to 40MB only.

alfred_pennyworth

It would be useful on the Mister project, which can also emulate the Roland MT32.  Unfortunately that project can only work with HDF extensions at the moment, and this MDX image would be epic with the MT32.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: alfred_pennyworth on April 08, 2022, 08:40:07 AMIt would be useful on the Mister project, which can also emulate the Roland MT32.  Unfortunately that project can only work with HDF extensions at the moment, and this MDX image would be epic with the MT32.

MDX files are almost exclusively used for the OPM+ADPCM.  (There are a few that use OPN+PCM via Mercury Unit).  I'm not aware of any that use MIDI...

I'm also not aware of any X68000 programs that can translate MDX into MIDI. 

I would assume Mister's MT32 support is the same as every other emulator. Meaning it's meant for games that have native MT32 support built in.

alfred_pennyworth

That's actually a good point - the game has to be MT32 compatible, and just playing MDX doesn't use the MIDI feature.  I appreciate the insight.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: alfred_pennyworth on April 08, 2022, 11:37:50 AMThat's actually a good point - the game has to be MT32 compatible, and just playing MDX doesn't use the MIDI feature.  I appreciate the insight.

MDX is basically just MML for Human68k.  MIDI is a completely separate thing.  Games load their own specific music drivers on boot.