HDD image for FM-Towns

Started by amigo-mexicano, June 10, 2021, 10:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo-mexicano

June 10, 2021, 10:46:22 AM Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:46:50 PM by amigo-mexicano
Hello everyone, I was wondering if HDD images to use on FM-Towns exists, the same way there are for X68000 and PC-98 computers. I've been looking for a while and haven't found any... Anyone has an image to dd on a cf or sd and have some fun with the FMT?

Thanks!
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

amigo-mexicano

June 10, 2021, 04:26:15 PM #1 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 09:12:53 AM by amigo-mexicano
[UPDATE]

Found something from caius posted on other forum. I'll post my findings here for reference.

It's an MS-DOS HDD image file for FM-Towns II, which includes some games in the D: drive.

The post also mention the image can be written to a CF card using Winimage. Will download and test.

Download the image from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/elregv8jp5rkxa6/MS-DOS_6.2L10_bootable_HDD_CD-ROM_P.zip/file

Backup upload here: https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/4vQJZuxe/file.html
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

Cyothevile

Very excellent contribution.

I planned to try to make an ultimate hard drive image for FM Towns with most the preinstalled software. Progress has been a bit slow since I wanted to use desktop to do it. I've concluded it would be ideal to have a hard drive image for 386 machines and then ones for desktop with DX2+.

By the way what CF hard drive option are you using?

amigo-mexicano

Quote from: Cyothevile on June 11, 2021, 08:56:30 AMVery excellent contribution.

I planned to try to make an ultimate hard drive image for FM Towns with most the preinstalled software. Progress has been a bit slow since I wanted to use desktop to do it. I've concluded it would be ideal to have a hard drive image for 386 machines and then ones for desktop with DX2+.

By the way what CF hard drive option are you using?

Nice! Please consider to share with us your HDD images, it would be fun to test on real machines.

Well, actually this installation will go in a friend's FM-Towns II, he's using an AztecMonster SCSI to CF adapter.

PD. @caius if you have an update to your hdd image, please let us know!
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

amigo-mexicano

OMG look what I've found!


Source post, archived from a dead forum...

Too bad the download links are dead, these are great HDD images!

QuoteImage with SCSI CD ROM drivers (ID6)
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12922975/towns.vhd.html
- will not boot without SCSI CD ROM

Image with excluded SCSI CD ROM drivers
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12923067/townshdd.7z.html
- boots everywhere

I've tried to contact the author over twitter to see if he still have the hdd images and wish to re-share them, let's hope so!
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

Cyothevile

Quote from: amigo-mexicano on June 11, 2021, 10:35:53 AMOMG look what I've found!


Source post, archived from a dead forum...

Too bad the download links are dead, these are great HDD images!

QuoteImage with SCSI CD ROM drivers (ID6)
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12922975/towns.vhd.html
- will not boot without SCSI CD ROM

Image with excluded SCSI CD ROM drivers
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12923067/townshdd.7z.html
- boots everywhere

I've tried to contact the author over twitter to see if he still have the hdd images and wish to re-share them, let's hope so!

Oh I know exactly who that is. I will ask him if he still has it.


amigo-mexicano

From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

Cyothevile

I didn't test this yet.

This is the one with a lot of pre-installed software like the photo?

amigo-mexicano

Quote from: Cyothevile on June 12, 2021, 02:38:19 AMI didn't test this yet.

This is the one with a lot of pre-installed software like the photo?

Yes it is. There's another hdd image that includes the SCSI drivers. The author replied on twitter sending me the exact link you posted here. I've asked him if he could share also the other hdd image... besides the drivers, both images are the same, with pre-installed software, nice!
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com