FM Towns Marty Docbrown and FDD Floppy Emulator Games Help!

Started by ner38073, June 02, 2021, 06:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ner38073

Hi all. I am new to this forum and I wanted to share with you and ask something I have been searching for but I have been unsuccessful. I have collected FM Towns Marty consoles for years and recently I bought a DocBrown and Gotek Floppy emulator which I have installed successfully in one of my Marty consoles. The problem is that I don't know how to load games to neither the sd card for DocBrown or to the usb for Gotec Emulator. Anyone who can help me on this?

Cyothevile

To be fair it isn't a PlayStation. It's a computer and I think you actually didnt perform any investigating on how both work. So go do that.

There's a lot of videos on how goteks work. So put forth the effort to find the videos and look at them. Oh and since you've collected marty for years you should know the boot priority is FDD and then cd rom. So either change gotek settings or physically pull thumb drive out. Otherwise it will keep loading FDD image and you will be wondering why you can't load cd rom images.

incrediblehark

I haven't used a gotek with my Marty but I don't remember there being too much of an issue setting up almanac for the docbrown. The documentation on gdemu site is fairly straightforward with setting up the disc images and the loader. I will say that there are a lot of images I tested that did not work properly with docbrown, but I figured they were bad dumps from the archive i downloaded or were incompatible with the marty.

I think a little more information on your end may be beneficial to getting the help you need. Do the research as Cyothevile suggested and when you get stuck somewhere give more details on where in the process you are rather than a general "I can't get this to work"

ner38073

Hi Guys. Thanks for your input. I actually got all my images in the sd card and I am able to play lots of games from the docbrown. Everything working good. Now, it is a matter of how to get games running from the gotek fdd emulator. I believe the way you mount images on the thumb stick is different. I have not found any topics that help on how to load the game images to the thumb drive. I will keep search.

Cyothevile

Quote from: ner38073 on July 03, 2021, 05:57:13 AMHi Guys. Thanks for your input. I actually got all my images in the sd card and I am able to play lots of games from the docbrown. Everything working good. Now, it is a matter of how to get games running from the gotek fdd emulator. I believe the way you mount images on the thumb stick is different. I have not found any topics that help on how to load the game images to the thumb drive. I will keep search.

Ok. You will need to add custom firmware to gotek. Try flashfloppy or HXC firmware. Flashfloppy is free and has instructions on GitHub it is very excellent.