Kryoflux Dump - Image Fight X68000

Started by dlfrsilver, January 20, 2021, 06:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlfrsilver

Image Fight use a protection almost invisible on both disks :

Disk Protection.png

Sector 08 of track 76 of each disk is empty, but has errors informations that are checked by the protection routine.

So what is the point of this? Are these dumps available to download anywhere?

kendrick

Quote from: 917k on February 05, 2021, 01:39:50 PMSo what is the point of this? Are these dumps available to download anywhere?

Not to be dismissive of your brief complaint, but I think what dlfrsilver is trying to do here is to publicize specific technical information about games that have not yet had their copy protection circumvented. So even if there were dumps of the images available they wouldn't be usable. While I feel like that point is pretty well understood, it wouldn't be hard for me to argue that the intended purpose of the information ought to be part of the post too.

dlfrsilver

Quote from: 917k on February 05, 2021, 01:39:50 PMSo what is the point of this? Are these dumps available to download anywhere?

The point is to document the X68000 disk copy protection.

Not available, because you could not write them back to disk.

hoshikawa

I agree (mostly) these threads are [REDACTED] in need of being condensed into a single thread.

NFG

From an educational perspective it seems like these posts have value.  Perhaps creating a thread for each one isn't the best way to spread the knowledge though.  Wiki entries maybe?  At least they can still be searched, where condensing these threads into one forum thread would make that more difficult.

Meanspirited comments should be reconsidered, lest our magnificent moderator lock the thread.

X-Col

Quote from: kendrick on February 05, 2021, 08:42:08 PMNot to be dismissive of your brief complaint, but I think what dlfrsilver is trying to do here is to publicize specific technical information about games that have not yet had their copy protection circumvented. So even if there were dumps of the images available they wouldn't be usable. While I feel like that point is pretty well understood, it wouldn't be hard for me to argue that the intended purpose of the information ought to be part of the post too.
Quote from: NFG on February 16, 2021, 02:13:34 PMFrom an educational perspective it seems like these posts have value.  Perhaps creating a thread for each one isn't the best way to spread the knowledge though.  Wiki entries maybe?  At least they can still be searched, where condensing these threads into one forum thread would make that more difficult.

Meanspirited comments should be reconsidered, lest our magnificent moderator lock the thread.

I have recently proved that kryoflux images can indeed be written back to disk, even if you do not own a kryoflux.

I do not believe any of the comments here are mean spirited. The X68000 community is the politest community on the internet :-)

TheRealAnubis

Just in case I missed it - how do you write these to floppy without a kyroflux?
NVM - answered in another thread!