Kryoflux Dump - YS III Wanderers of Ys X68000

Started by dlfrsilver, December 26, 2020, 11:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlfrsilver

For this game, The Scenario, DATA-1, DATA-2 disks are copy-protected.

Scenario Disk_Copy Protection.jpg
Scenario Disk_Copy Protection2.jpg

This is the same for DATA-1 & DATA-2:

Data-1 Disk_Copy Protection.jpg
Data-1 Disk_Copy Protection2.jpg

Data-2 Disk_Copy Protection.jpg
Data-2 Disk_Copy Protection2.jpg

Please note that the user disk has to be made from the SCENARIO disk.

* HOLD F10, then insert the SCENARIO disk. The User Disk Creation Mode Menu will appear. From here, you will be able to choose the difficulty setting (HARD,NORMAL,EASY).

The problem is that current emulator FDC emulation do not support the write commands used to build the USER disk. The operation will fail no matter what you do.It has to be done for the moment on a real Sharp X68000.

Let's hope that it will be fixed in the future.

X-Col

These posts are interesting but I fail to see the point if the dumps aren't shared.

You are correct about FDX68 not supporting the write commands used to create a User disk, I therefore used XM6-TypeG to create them. They worked fine apart from the Map problem when using Data disk 2 (see other thread).

Since then, I tried converting the Kryoflux dumps to HFE using the HxC software and then creating RAW FDX dumps by connecting the FDX68 to my Gotek floppy emulator with the latest 'Flashfloppy' firmware. I then created real disks from the resulting RAW dumps. I then created a new User disk from the disks (F10 when booting from the Scenario disk) on a real X68000. I completed the game again using these disks, however, they exhibit exactly the same issue (i.e. blank screen when exiting the village when using Data disk 2). I used the previously mentioned work around of saving the game before exiting the village and then restarting the game using data disk 1.

I am assuming something is lost when converting the dumps to HFE.

If anyone is interested in these RAW FDX dumps to create actual disks, I will gladly share. Just be aware of the above issue.