Kryoflux Dump - Final Fight X68000

Started by dlfrsilver, December 06, 2020, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlfrsilver

Another famous Capcom game. The trivia on this game is that due to the minimal requirement in term of memory, 2mb of ram to run the game, the programmers had to modify the routine that make the enemies appearing on screen, this one makes them appears depending on the memory available in the 2mb allocated. With a patch, this restriction could be lifted and restore the arcade original routine allowing to have the same amount of enemies coming on screen (a rumor says that this patch exists, but nowhere to be found?).

The game is protected by GAP key, present on the System disk in track 76.0 side 1 :

Disk Protection.jpg

Data Disk is not protected.

X-Col

@dlfrsilver

Great info regarding the restoration of the arcade original routine. I hope this patch can be found!

Will you be sharing these disk dumps?

I only have access to an FDX68 so I converted the YS3 images posted by famiac to D88 using the HxC software, then converted the D88 images using the FDX68 software. This must have been where some part of the protection was lost on Data disk 2.

Unfortunately the HxC and FDX68 software is unable to convert Kryoflux streams/SCP files to FDX format :-(