News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Disk Mags..?

Started by cometclean, May 08, 2020, 06:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cometclean

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a brief rundown on what Disk Mags are? I've downloaded issue 1 from our file share server (https://nfggames.com/X68000/index.php/Disk_Mags/), but I don't have a clue how to use it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

neko68k

diskmags usually contain articles and sometimes tools and stuff. you would have subscribed or payed monthly or whatever and had a disk shipped to you in the mail. usually you just boot from the disk but I haven't checked those particular disks out personally. There is also Dennou Club and a couple others I can't remember offhand. Dennou club is probably the biggest, longest running one. Lots of great info and stuff.

edit:
so these are supposed to be on CD but whoever ripped them just extracted the files from the ISO9660 track instead of leaving a bin file and also there are no cue files. annoying...

Max

is there a way to use these cd contents ?....I read on the fb forum that you can add a cd rom unit to the X68K but I do not know if this actually works, may be plugging it into the external port! Just out of curioisty.....

Jehuty

You can plug a scsi device on an scsi controller and use susie as driver. So you can use a CD-Rom on your X68k

kamiboy

CD drive with X68000 works well, but requires special drivers or programs to work. Won't work out of the box.

Max

I supposed that....the point is if  it's actually worth using/plugging  it...if only there was sth good on file iso I'd try it out.....

cometclean

Will any scsi CD drive work with the x68000?

Jehuty

Schould, i use a Pioneer Slot in DVD Drive and a Toshiba DVD Drive. Also tested a Teac CD drive.