Copy floppy images from pc to Sharp x68000 connected via ft232 usb, directly.

Started by motorola73, January 15, 2020, 09:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorola73

Is there a Windows 10 tool to copy the image files of Sharp x68000 games via usb DB25 RS232 cable connected directly from pc to Sharp x68000 (from image file to floppy 5.25).
With "omniflop" is possible to do it only with a 5.25 floppy drive connected to an old pc.
Even with "xfloppy", in addition only with windows 98.
I tried with this cable in attachment, but it seems that you must also have the x68000 master disk and the two tools I mentioned do not read x68k directly and you need to have an old pc with the 5.25 md2hd floppy disk reader! :(

Thanks.

61q9o60tqQL._SX425_.jpg

trixster

Yes you can and it works perfectly.

Full instructions are here:

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:file_transfer_between_windows_pcs_and_x68000_machines_using_null_modem_cable

The V4 image already has many of the necessary tools installed.

TermTerm Pro works fine on Windows 10 (using COM4)

motorola73

Quote from: trixster on January 28, 2020, 11:27:46 PMYes you can and it works perfectly.

WOW. Thanks 1000. You are great! The problem will be how to find a Human OS (Mine has degaussed). But I think I can also use the x68000 master disk, which has several functions (I think).

Thanks again, I had lost all hope!

trixster

I think I misread your original post!

You can use the usb cable with teraterm pro on the pc and MuTerm on the 68k to transfer floppy images to the harddisk, but you then have to use a separate program to write the image to a floppy.

I'm not sure you can do it direct, as you're asking.

motorola73

In the guide to copy games with TeraTerm, they removed a link of an essential file: M. Kamada's "sxmr.lzh".

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:file_transfer_between_windows_pcs_and_x68000_machines_using_null_modem_cable

Is there a link where I can download the complete Tera Term package with the essential files for data transfer from PC to X68000 included?

NFG

I just googled for the file and found it on the 2nd link.  I've added it to the X68000 file archive:

https://nfggames.com/X68000/PC_Tools/sxmr.lzh

and I've updated the wiki. 

famiac

Was there a guide for connecting the X68k to the internet with Raspberry Pi and a USB null modem cable or am I losing my mind?

neko68k

Quote from: famiac on August 27, 2020, 03:39:52 PMWas there a guide for connecting the X68k to the internet with Raspberry Pi and a USB null modem cable or am I losing my mind?

It's not Pi specific but here it is. The guide for Linux side PPP server is a couple years old, YMMV. I can't remember if I tried it on my RPi or not. It's probably pretty much the same. At the time I last edited that page it worked with a Debian virtual machine on my desktop using a serial to USB cable. I've also done it with the com0com virtual COM port driver to link XM6g to a similar, much older virtual machine.