Hellhound Graphics Glitch

Started by 3rdman01, January 03, 2020, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdman01

Hello all! I'm slowly discovering the library the X68000 has to offer and I've only just gotten to Hellhound...beautiful game and fun BUT I'm having a very odd issue.

The game loads and plays fine UNTIL I reach a boss. Once that happens, the screen is covered in multi-colored pixels that completely obscure the game which continues to play. I've managed to load another area of the game and sure enough, the same thing happens...everything is fine until I reach a boss.

FYI I have an Expert II with SCSI2SD, midi board, and 4mb expansion and everything else I thrown at it works perfectly. Any ideas?

3rdman01

Played with it a it last night and figured out that the problem is in how its run off the HD. Running the game from disk is perfect. As I want to run it off the HD, I'll keep at it and if I find a solution, I'll post it here for posterity.

If anyone though has a working !Start.bat for the game, I'd love to see it.

SuperDeadite

Runs perfectly fine via 2hdboot as long as you have the ram.

3rdman01

Quote from: SuperDeadite on January 04, 2020, 05:45:57 PMRuns perfectly fine via 2hdboot as long as you have the ram.
Thank you. I've got 6mb total in my rig...what is the requirement for this game?