Low Brightness and Crashing games

Started by Madoka Kaname, October 31, 2019, 09:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madoka Kaname

Hi nya
The x68000 i'm trying to repair it's a very rare set of faults that I dowt understand how to solve! This 68k came whithout supply, so i adapted a pc one and it powered up, but with a VERY low contrast, i have to set the monitor to maximun brightness or you cant see the letters! And its not black, seems like a purpled image so weird. In the pics seems ok but the monitor is at full maximun and you see all the highbrightness-mist

Second fault: When you load a game, it bricks with a black screen before the game starts:
When i tried twinbee, it comes the konami letters of advertising and the floppies loading, but then floppes get the green led and the blank screen appears with no sound and no reaction.
When i try akumajou, come the x68000 message of starting and then blank screen a few seconds and it keeps restarting one time, and another, and another........... ....

Have a master disk, but dont know hot to use it to diagnose the PC sinde i dont find any tool on it to check rams, grams and the chip that thing may have failing.

So i'm very lost with that! Made a recap and cleaning with no sucess, so help will be appreciated!
arigato

Madoka Kaname

Haaay It can't be so difficult! Onegai help!

famiac

Have you tried the monitor with any other devices? The contrast thing seems like a monitor issue

The rest could just be read errors on the floppy drives. Try booting from hdd.

mez

hi
yes as famiac wrote you may try monitor with another source (RCA-composite for example)
maybe it is just an internal contrast problem (gain, cut-off on the neckboard, screen on the THT)

do you have an hard drive or smthing like that ? diagnostic tools exists on HDD images

good luck

ShootTheCore

Sounds to me like either there's insufficient power or the caps need to be replaced.