News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

strange error...

Started by Max, August 18, 2019, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Sorry guys I have just reported this error message that was unknown to me so far, This happens with Final Fight and Daimakaimura and I cannot explain why....considering I start them from lhes as always in my v4 image as I have done without any issues up to now....I have 4mb ram and I regularly use my scsi2sd running great!.....some tips/hints?
Thanks....

EDIT: I added some pics showing what is going on with the games...img 2005 is for final fight......I barely don't know what to do....I tried almost everything and re-created images with winimage successfully operating....The system seems to work ok but now I need to know the nature/root of these errors....ONLY on thing I did in the last days that is plug a midi board card that works flawlessly with dracula.....

NFG

The file upload error has (finally!) been crushed.  You may upload your image again.

Max

Quote from: NFG on August 18, 2019, 08:40:35 AMThe file upload error has (finally!) been crushed.  You may upload your image again.

thank you so much.....any help for this error?

LowDefAl

Max

Quote from: LowDefAl on August 18, 2019, 06:22:56 PMOnly with Capcom games?

apparently I have tested these two games but in the past I didn't come across this error. I have been checking here and there and I'll try and make a new image again....the issue is that I cannot make this message out....

LowDefAl

It's a bus error, the memory address might be a clue depending on how your setup is.

I only ask if it's Capcom specific as Capcom used specific protection on some/all of their games and it might provide some clues.

Might be worth reinserting your ram

Max

I rewrote the v4 image and got it started well from my scsi2sd, no error and once in the menu with the 3 games folder I launch daimakaimura, final fight, street fighter 2 and I have error messages while on the emulator xm6 everything works well....I cannot make it out actually....I even launched Dracula and it works perfectly....only noted the Konami logo does appear with glitched but then the game works great even with the Munt- emulator on my pc for music.....

Max

Quote from: LowDefAl on August 18, 2019, 11:34:21 PMIt's a bus error, the memory address might be a clue depending on how your setup is.

I only ask if it's Capcom specific as Capcom used specific protection on some/all of their games and it might provide some clues.

Might be worth reinserting your ram

you mean phisically?....it so weird up to now everything has always worked great but maybe moving the x68k a bit something happened.....the ram anyway it is correctly displayed on the menu on top right with 3443mb ram available...as usual

spud

Are you sure your extra memory is configured correctly (DIP switches)? Have you tried other games in the higher memory category? Maybe you should run a memory test tool, like mtest.r.

Max

Quote from: spud on August 19, 2019, 04:53:20 PMAre you sure your extra memory is configured correctly (DIP switches)? Have you tried other games in the higher memory category? Maybe you should run a memory test tool, like mtest.r.

I think so since up to now I have played all games wihout any issues with my 4mb of memory trough  the v4 image but maybe I have to do that again....I'll run a memtest or unplug and plug the ram board again.....the last thing i did was just to put the midiori board into one of the slot....I might have moved/touched sht there.....what about?
the games I tried are capcom ones.....the others I tested work great like Dracula, Cockpit, Cybercore just fopr examples.....

LowDefAl

The other thing to try is remove Midori and see if the problem goes away.

Max

Quote from: LowDefAl on August 19, 2019, 06:10:44 PMThe other thing to try is remove Midori and see if the problem goes away.

ok, I'll do it then I'll come back again here.....thanks mate

Max

I have unplugged my midiori card and tried again but I have the same issues.....I report thath the card works flawlessly......anyway now I have run the mem test here attached the pic......I keep trying to solve this weird problem.....I'll remove my ram board and test with or without it....I know it is silly since I have on my menu 3443 correctly displayed as you may see from my first post but I have no more ideas and need help....The System seems to work great but.....that is to say sth is going weirdly .....help me guys!!! and this experience might be helpful for other members too just in case.....

Max

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OK guys after many many tests I had to remove my midi card first and the ram one afterwards .....I changed position barely and now everything works again, Daimakaimura with music from midi and launched through folder as well as Superstreet fighter2 and Dracula work great.....just a tip for someone else ecountering this issue is that the logo of konami was not diplayed correctly but with glitches when I spotted the error and as It is a game you can start with only 2mb this could be a starting point just in case you experience the same happened to me.....Another important point is that maybe when the Midiori board that works PERFECTLY....(I must say it and  thank TD-Linux publicly for his awesome product) caused a bus conflict with the ram card so a silly a simple swap was the solution......thank you all here and sorry if I bothered you.....
cheers

Max

spud

Happy to read you resolved the issue.