Help setting up RaSCSI on stock XVI

Started by Ex68Kay, July 18, 2019, 11:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex68Kay

Hi, I am new here and only have been on a couple other forums on the internet so I am relatively new to forums, however I have used the PS3hax forums for jailbreaking and setting up external drives for that, so please excuse my forum-naivete.

The subject self evidently explains what I hope to learn how to do in this thread.

I have all the equipment but I don't want to do it wrong, in any way, the first try, and have to retrace any steps since I do not know much about using this foreign computer.

Please only offer advice if you know how it can be achieved.

This XVI unit is in great condition and the capacitors were replaced. I have a new Aibom RaSCSI and a Raspberry Pi combination along with the external cable and a Master Floppy Disk.

**  I installed Raspian on my R. Pi and have these directions: https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6604.0 but I do not think they are correct because it did not work when I plugged in the RaSCSI. I hit a problem with the code from this particular spot in the thread:

"If this works congrats, you have your layout setup properly.
run the command "nano /etc/systemd/system/rascsi.service" and put the following contents in it:"
^that part in the thread was followed by code to be entered however it returned errors as seen below:

pi@RaSCSI:~ $ [Unit]
bash: [Unit]: command not found
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ Description=RaSCSI
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ After=syslog.target
pi@RaSCSI:~ $
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ [Service]
bash: [Service]: command not found
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ Type=simple
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ WorkingDirectory=/opt/rascsi
pi@RaSCSI:~ $ ExecStart=/usr/bin/sudo rascsi -ID0 /var/rascsi/X68000_V4.Hds -ID1 BRIDGE -ID2 /var/rascsi/RASDRIVER.HDS
SCSI Target Emulator RaSCSI(*^..^*) version 1.44(Mar 22 2019, 11:30:16)