more games on image file SOLVED!!!!!!

Started by Max, February 02, 2019, 02:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Hi guys how am I supposed to  add more games to the v.4 image safely and above all that works great?

SOLVED: I could manage to create a new image adding more games so a new folder Games4 with plenty of new ones in it  and works flawlessy on XM6!!!
Already tried out and checked other 2 similar images on micro sd- scsi2sd on real Hardware and it is okay!!!!

leonk

excellent! Will you share this disk image?

Can you also create a utilities folder and throw some stuff in there? what comes to mind is x68k-pwrtest from the ftp site. Great tool for figuring out why soft power button stopped working.

Max

Hi man!!! Once I end up testing all the games, I'll surely want to share with everyone here if the Admins of the site allow me to do that.....I do not know If there are some "legal" issues linked to any copyrights or whatever....Yet, I'm always keen on this kind of stuff!!! :)

EDIT: IMPORTANT!!!!    what I have been easily doing is to modify the V.4 image using all the structures in in and then adding/testing all games I had extracted from HDF/HDS images like the ones posted here https://nfggames.com/X68000/index.php/Games/    and create some new ones using the method of simply renaming  the game. XDF file in Disk 1/2/3/4 etc....and creating a line in !bat.exe......I'm NOT an expert at all......I'm just trying having fun and adding some more games here and there  to my collection in a micrco sd card up to 2gb through a scsi2sd adapter externally plugged into my Pro II Sharp Model.....!!!!

trixster

Can you list what games you’ve added?

Max

Once finished I'll post my personal list!

leonk

All the files to enable null modem support should also be put on the image. Whatever tool makes diag and transfer from PC easy.

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:file_transfer_between_windows_pcs_and_x68000_machines_using_null_modem_cable

Max

Sure  Leon, I'm in the know this is a good method but personally I have been using disk explorer that I know it might have problems now and again but I haven't had any trouble so far and for the time being my tests on some various games have been carried out successfully!

leonk

The problem with disk explorer is that you need to dump your image, update, and write back to SD card.  SD cards were not really designed to be used like that. 

Anyways, I wasn't suggesting you use a NULL modem.  I was asking to add it to your image, so if someone wants to add something in the future, all they need to do is get null modem cable and follow wiki instructions to copy a few files over.

Max

what I have been doing  is extremely easy that it is not necessary to implement further stuff. Each one will be able to do that on his own PC through XM6 type G emulator.
Except dumping and testing the games I want to add, what is left is a simply drag and drop method within D.E. That's it!
I'll keep all update about it....
cheers

Max

I have been testing here and there but since I have little time and xdf games are so many, why don't write to me here a list, not so long please,  and I'll test the games not yet dumped on the V.4 image and mini 1/2 one.....just for fun and never say never again a new v.5 would come out...honestly talking, we already have so many games and well dumped by our "genious" here in the forum that it is not my work going to change anything, but it might worth trying....
cheers

EDIT: I got Metal Sight working modifying the !start.bat but it seems no easy as most of them require editing it according to the priority given to FDD.... :o

Max

Hey mates, I can't make the game Dios work, is there anyone who has already dumped it or created a hdf? ...It seems a good game and I wanna test it.....unluckily this is the only once giving me problems and once loaded it appears sth which points out to FDD 0,1 but as it is Japanese I can figure it out.....I have made so many attempts so far editing the !bat file but unsuccessfully......pls help me out!
cheers

frankmonk

afaik there is no proper dump of this game around.

Max

Quote from: frankmonk on February 22, 2019, 05:50:02 AM
afaik there is no proper dump of this game around.

I was starting thinking the same unluckily..I'll try doing sth myself and if I figure it out I'll share...