TOO EASY TO BELIEVE IN...WHAT ABOUT?

Started by Max, January 20, 2019, 11:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Hi mates,

I have been tring doing some stuff here and there on my Sharp Pro II model through the XM6 emulator since I want to spot some easy ways to add games to the already fabulous v4 image ( the last version up to now). I came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNh3sG65Xo posted by this guy and it seems interesting....basically you can add games to your image and play them ( I haven't tested it on my Sharp yet)....) on our original machine.....now, I only tested some games and  noticed sometimes a lhes error ( may be a copy protection and/or memory issues) but for some other games the procedure seems to work great! Do you think then, once added all the games we desire, we will be able to transfer our new image and load it as we normally do with our scsi2sd unit?.....
It could be a starting point to actually add all the games and create a new Image.....

Edit: I have tested 6 games so far....as in the attached pic....then with active shoot and strider still have some issues.....look at the concerned pics to see what appears.....

hyrulebr

Hi Max

I suggest you to transfer files using XM6 (WINDRV) instead of diskexplorer.

According to this tutorial diskexplorer can corrupt files.

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:editing_and_adding_files_to_hard_disk_images

Even better if you have a RaScsi. You can create a real WINDRV with your computer (a shared folder) or transfer directly using FTP.

Max

Quote from: hyrulebr on January 24, 2019, 12:15:38 AM
Hi Max

I suggest you to transfer files using XM6 (WINDRV) instead of diskexplorer.

According to this tutorial diskexplorer can corrupt files.

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:editing_and_adding_files_to_hard_disk_images

Even better if you have a RaScsi. You can create a real WINDRV with your computer (a shared folder) or transfer directly using FTP.

oh really man!!! that's why I had some issues on some games.....do you think I have to follow/read any particular guide step by step excluded the one you wrote down here ?

I'm not so keen on this and I'm only trying getting the best out of myself to create a new games image so to even share with others other than enjoying it myself.....
thanks for your interest though you have been kind to me!!!!

Max

Hi Hyrulebr,

I'm trying to do what you suggested me but I'm stuck at this point : Mount MasterDisk_V2.xdf and copy WINDRV.SYS from B:\SYS to A:\SYS and I do not actually how to do that step by step. I have erased the word "rem" as shown in the little guide but now...once mounted the MasterDisk_V2.xdf I do not know if resetting, then what to do then......could you help me out for this passage? So, once done i'm able to complete the whole operation.....
thanks

hyrulebr

Hi Max

I made this a while ago so I have to redo it to remember some steps!  ;D

First, don't forget to edit the config.sys from the HD image you want to use.
It should have in the last line:
DEVICE       =  Â¥SYSÂ¥WINDRV.SYS

Mount MasterDisk_V2.xdf and copy WINDRV.SYS from B:\SYS to A:\SYS

Here you have to copy the file WINDRV.SYS to your boot hard drive image. Considering you will use HD_V4 image, you have first to boot the emulator from the HD_v4 image (always the boot drive is A:) and then load the masterDisk_v2 (that should be B:).

To load a floppy file, click in the "0" in the botton bar and choose where the masterdisk is (distributed together with HDD_v4 image).

Using LHES, open your SYS folder (from your HDD image).
digit L
choose letter B - Now you are inside the masterdisk floppy image
Navigate to SYS folder
Find WINDRV.SYS and highlight it
digit C
Select DIR History
Select A:/SYS/
The file will be copied to SYS directory of yourt HDD image. If for some reason "A:/SYS/" is not listed (or because you didn't open your SYS folder in the beginning) , you can digit ESC and try again with ther option INPUT Path  and digit A:/SYS/

Now you can follow the online tutorial. I hope I could helped you. :)

Max

Quote from: hyrulebr on January 28, 2019, 08:05:31 AM
Hi Max

I made this a while ago so I have to redo it to remember some steps!  ;D

First, don't forget to edit the config.sys from the HD image you want to use.
It should have in the last line:
DEVICE       =  Â¥SYSÂ¥WINDRV.SYS

Mount MasterDisk_V2.xdf and copy WINDRV.SYS from B:\SYS to A:\SYS

Here you have to copy the file WINDRV.SYS to your boot hard drive image. Considering you will use HD_V4 image, you have first to boot the emulator from the HD_v4 image (always the boot drive is A:) and then load the masterDisk_v2 (that should be B:).

To load a floppy file, click in the "0" in the botton bar and choose where the masterdisk is (distributed together with HDD_v4 image).

Using LHES, open your SYS folder (from your HDD image).
digit L
choose letter B - Now you are inside the masterdisk floppy image
Navigate to SYS folder
Find WINDRV.SYS and highlight it
digit C
Select DIR History
Select A:/SYS/
The file will be copied to SYS directory of yourt HDD image. If for some reason "A:/SYS/" is not listed (or because you didn't open your SYS folder in the beginning) , you can digit ESC and try again with ther option INPUT Path  and digit A:/SYS/

Now you can follow the online tutorial. I hope I could helped you. :)

Thanks mate I'll certainly do this and follow your steps once I have time since it takes more than the easier way with diskexplorer....by the way is it really so bad this method?..I mean, it seems so easy and quick to drag and drop that I wonder which is the percentage of errors/corruption it may give....considering that tried once only and checked afterwards the installed games on the V.4 image seemed to work flawlessy.....I might have been lucky!!!!.....or the games I tested come with no protection...really curious that one!!!!!
cheers

neko68k

Disk Explorer is great up to the moment that it isn't and the management area of your disk gets trashed and you have to start over.

Max

Quote from: neko68k on January 29, 2019, 07:46:24 AM
Disk Explorer is great up to the moment that it isn't and the management area of your disk gets trashed and you have to start over.

Yes man you are right, I read that might be unstable but up to know, just trust me, I have modified my image so many times that as per percentage I should give a high rating to this method.....and so new games added to v.4.....In addition I have been trying the other method I came across on youtube by the guy Deadly Gaming LV and just last nite I successfully added Reinforcer only creating its own !start.bat and the 4 disk files it needs and...boom it works great!!! Anyway I have been amusing and soon I'd like to share my little endeavour with anyone in order to have an update to the last games image......just for the pleasure and perhaps some " noob" like me might find this ready-to-go image functional! :) :)