N64 Hori Mini Pad Stick replacement parts

Started by platinum, September 29, 2017, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

platinum

Hello everyone,

I bought a N64 Hori Mini Pad but the stick moves itself to the right side when it should be in initial position.
I was wondering if i can replace easily the stick entirely, desolder it and resolder a new one ?

Thank you.

edit: i took some photos if it can help to find which stick i need to buy

I am in the process of doing this myself on my Hori.

As far as I can tell it uses the same stick as the PS2 controller.  I just picked one up for $10 and have started disassembly, but been too busy with work to finish this yet to validate it works as expected.

Just a note, you will have to use the black PS2 thumb stick itself as the hori and PS2 use different style stick shafts.

platinum

Quote from: 41714049 on October 01, 2017, 09:48:07 PM
I am in the process of doing this myself on my Hori.

As far as I can tell it uses the same stick as the PS2 controller.  I just picked one up for $10 and have started disassembly, but been too busy with work to finish this yet to validate it works as expected.

Woah, thank you for the reply ! Are you sure they have exactly the same measurements for the solder points ?

I found PS2 stick replacement parts on aliexpress and looks like they have same shaft as hori.

edit: it works great but you have to switch the old potentiometers on the new sticks first. ;)