Playstation-X PAL / NTSC convertion

Started by ORTA, May 30, 2004, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORTA

I have a gray colored Playstation with  model SCPH-7500, and it is in PAL mode. My problem is everytime I play a game it is always in black and white that's why I can't play puzzle games that includes color because I can't distinguish the correct color help please!! :(  

RobIvy64

"Console Mods" lurker

ORTA

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy for a while. I have a modchip that i can install, it's a 12c508 chip is that what you're talking about?

ORTA

Hello there everybody! I'm having a hard time on my playstation can somebody give me a hand here please! :(  :huh:  :(  

phreak97

try making sense and youll get an answer..
either your psx is already modded and you are playing import games on it or you do not have a pal tv. if you bought a pal psx and you live in an ntsc country then you arent very smart.. ntsc ones run faster anyway, go buy one.
i used to have a psx that would output only pal. if it was asked to output ntsc it would just output black and white, my tv does support ntsc, thats not the problem.
if yours is like mine then i dont know what you can do, i heard of a 'colour mod' i didnt look into it tho, i think all it would do in your case is output everything in pal, if your tv doesnt support pal then too bad.

dont quote me on all of this, its all second hand information.

ORTA

Sorry I forgot to log in! Hey phreak97 thanks anyway, by the way on what website can I find that "colour mod" you're talking about?

Mr_Black

there is the colour mod for the 750x series playstation.

personally i prefer using a scart cable, as this gives the best clarity and quality to games, plus all EUR NTSC NTSC/J games play in full vibrant colour with no modifcation to the board needed.

if you live in the United Kingdom then you can pick up ps scart cables for �2-3 from computer markets/fairs or even online

www.whitedog.co.uk for example

http://www.playstationchips.co.uk/pages/mc-instructions.html

( the above site is where the colour mod diagram came from.

Best Regards

Mr Black :ph34r:  

ORTA

Thanks for the info Mr. Black it's such a big help I'll try it right away! :rolleyes:
P.S. do I have to cut any trace on it because I saw on the site that in the other models (SCPH-7502 & 7002) there is a cut in the trace of pin 157? :)  

Mr_Black

the picture shows a cut in the trace, as far as i remember you had to cut the trace, i just remember the pre 7xxx series where you had to install a pic and other components to get the colour,

i haven't got one here to test it out, but cut the trace it can always be reconected.

ORTA