Need HI RES photos of Sega Saturn lightgun PCB

Started by Zimada, December 05, 2016, 09:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimada

Somebody may create HQ photos of PCB that inside Sega saturn Stunner without metal shielding?
All i can find in web is couple photos from "Stunner button mod".
But most part on photos of pcb is covered by metal shield.
Please guys help to me with my project. I want to draw schematic diagram of this device. And create copy by my self... of course all drawings and project pictures will be posted here.

All you need to help me, is teardown your saturn stunner, (it may be even not working one) unsolder the metal shield and create two HiRes photos of PCB. One from top side and one from bottom.
Please guys, help.

Zimada

You're the man!  8)
Thanks Micro! BIG BIG THX!
Actually is pretty simple device.
I see right now, that it has some similarity with Light Phaser, but use operational amplifier (lm359) instead transistors.
Today i started reverse engineering... with photoshop and illustrator. I will add news and pictures here. Stay tuned...

micro

No problem. :)

So are you really going to build your own Saturn lightgun? (Or modding a different one to be Saturn-compatible?)

Zimada

Actually. I want create two stunners for me and my friend. It has a very simplistic scheme... And very big price on ebay.  :) I live in Kazakhstan and import of this thing will be too pricey for me, but it created from two cheap microschemes. And i know how to mod it to use on SNES (it simple mod actually and add more functionality for me. i not have "Super scope" either.) I have some minds about how work PSX lightgun, and have Sega LightPhaser (that i build couple years ago by myself) and all this lightguns work very similary, with some minor differences. When i create schematic of Stunner, i whant try create universal lightgun that may replace 5 or more different lightguns. But this right now only theory. On this point i just reverse engineer it and create a schematic diagram, then recreate it with my hands.