News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PC Motherboard?

Started by atom, May 11, 2004, 12:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atom

Anybody ever see a motherboard that has 8x agp and pc133 ram slots? Socket A please.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Agentspikey95

ever heard of Google?
Why are you reading this?

atom

You're an arrogant idiot.

NFG

It seems to me PC133 and AGP  8X might be a hard to find combo, since you're dealing with a very modern video slot and an antiquated RAM slot...

atom

Yeah i know, which is exactly why i asked if anyone ever heard of it. My PC here is quite the interesting combo. Amd Athlon 1.15 ghz, 512mb of pc133, and a Radeon 9600.
I really dont have the money to upgrade to DDR; The stuff that i have was handed down to me, my brother thought that there was somethign wrong with the radeon haha.
I imagine it is pretty rare, if existent but i still have hope to run across one someday because you can find pretty modern motherboards with isa slots!

Gord

A quick search on eBay turned up motherboards with 4x AGP and PC133 slots (primarily Gigabyte, but a couple others).  Failing to find an 8x AGP, you could settle for that.  

Though RAM isn't really expensive these days ($70 or so for 512MB) and would be substantially faster than what PC133 offers.  Pick up a good new motherboard for the same (or minimal for half), and you're back in business for $150 with a faster machine.

atom

Well thank you for trying! Yeah im already running at 4x. Im currently layed off and dont have 150 bucks to spare so Ill just have to settle.

Agentspikey95

QuoteYou're an arrogant idiot.
Why, thank you.
Why are you reading this?