Can someone burn me a Master Disk?

Started by Pinwizkid, September 14, 2015, 12:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinwizkid

I hate to ask for this, but I'm getting slightly desperate... Can anyone burn and mail me a copy of Eidis' master disk on a 5.25 floppy? I've been through 4 drives and 2 IT friends and have simply failed at doing this! I'm trying to set up my Aztec Monster CF drive and need to access the bootloader, but can't do so without an OS. Will gladly pay shipping fees, etc.

Thanks!
-BB

famiac

If nobody responds by next weekend i'll send you one.

SuperDeadite

Don't you have a SuperHD?  If it's fully working it should have no issue directly booting off of SCSI.  If you just want to reset the SRAM simply pull the battery, then let it sit fully unplugged for 3 to 4 days.  Anything odd in the SRAM preventing SCSI boot will disappear.

Pinwizkid

Yes, someone else told me the SuperHD should boot from the HD by default. I tried every SCSI ID on the Aztec Monster (with and without Terminator on) and it won't boot from any of them. I reformatted my CF card a few times... I'm using a Kingston 4GB. Does anyone have issues with this brand? Kingston cards work great in my NES powerpak, but I know certain brands don't play nice with every piece of tech out there.

I'll pull the battery, let it sit and try again. Thanks!

-BB

PepAlacant

Hi. You should enter on SWITCH and change the SCSI ID. Set it to 2 or 3. The SCSI Controller is 1 of them, then use the AztecMonster without any pot.

Change STD for SCSI0. If you want to boot from FDD just press OPT1 when turn on or reset.

Use winimage and burn the HDD V4. It should work without any problem.

I can burn a disk of EIDIS Master Disk, but I'm from Spain and I think that you are from VERY FAR AWAY !

Tell me if it worked.

Pinwizkid

Update: I pulled the battery and let the computer sit for 3 days. Tried booting from Aztec Monster on all 8 IDs with and without Terminator on. Nothing. All I get is the Insert Floppy dialog just as before. 

I have a Master Disk inbound so hopefully being able to access Switch will let me set it to boot correctly. Either that or my CF card is crap or my Aztec Monster is a dud (which would suck big time as that thing was not cheap).

skpstmgs

My bets are on the CF card. Try using a Transcend brand one if you can. I've used 2GB, 4GB, and 16GB flavors in my X68K and they all work. Don't think I've tried a Kingston in my X68K, but the one Kingston CF I do have did give me troubles (i.e., not boot at all) on old DOS systems using a compact flash/IDE adapter, whereas the Transcends worked great.

Pinwizkid

Quote from: skpstmgs on September 18, 2015, 09:28:27 AM
My bets are on the CF card. Try using a Transcend brand one if you can. I've used 2GB, 4GB, and 16GB flavors in my X68K and they all work. Don't think I've tried a Kingston in my X68K, but the one Kingston CF I do have did give me troubles (i.e., not boot at all) on old DOS systems using a compact flash/IDE adapter, whereas the Transcends worked great.

Thanks so much for this tip. Funny that you say that - I tried using a Transcend card in my NES Powerpak and it didn't work, whereas a Kingston works great! Perhaps with the X68K, it's the other way around. I will try and confirm if it indeed it was the CF brand causing the issue.

-BB

Pinwizkid

Thanks to HyperNeoGeo for sending me a disk... Went right into switch and changed STD to SCSI0, then set the SCSI ID to 2 and my HD booted right up after saving the settings and rebooting - with Kingston CF card I had in there. I guess it's possible that pulling the battery may not always return the Super HD to it's default settings?

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be up and running! More questions surely to come... Thanks for the info guys!

-BB