Regarding Power Connector on Aztecmonster

Started by redcage, March 19, 2015, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcage

Hi all! I have just received my X68000 XVI CZ-634C and was very pleased to find out that it came with the internal scsi cable for the HDD. I have a question about the power though...

I will be attaching aztecmonster but i notice that the power connector in the X68000 was of the sort below:

Is it alright if i just look for a converter to a 4 Pin Molex connector to the Aztecmonster?

Thanks!

BlueBMW

There are adapters out there that convert the x68k hard drive power cable to a standard molex but they're kind of hard to find. It would be easier to just cut that end off and solder on a molex connector.  That's what I typically do.

eidis

Hi Redcage !

Please don't butcher the original cable and its connector. You can try using the following cable adapter, but most probably will need to modify it so that it has the correct pinout.

4-Pin Molex/IDE to 3-Pin CPU/Chasis/Case Fan Power Connector Cable Adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Molex-IDE-to-3-Pin-CPU-Chasis-Case-Fan-Power-Connector-Cable-Adapter-/261510776579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce341c703

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

BlueBMW

I seem to remember most of the newer systems I've had that had SCSI hard drives used a little adapter.  The drives themselves used the standard molex connector.  Its only the older SASI drives that seemed to use the odd connector.

If you can use the adapter Eidis linked then great.  If not, I see no issue with replacing the end with a standard molex.

Butcher?  come on now :)  Tastefully modify for better functionality?   I'm already butchering original power supplies to replace with PICO PSUs... ;)

redcage

Thanks everyone for the suggestion ! I will give those a try over the weekend and see how it goes!

redcage

Hi All !

Managed to hook up the Aztecmonster at last. After searching around for connectors that actually fit the one the one on the x68000, finally found one of these pin connectors (Not sure what they are called :P )
Snapped off 3 pins and got them soldered  up to a 4 pin Molex and now am finally able to start fiddling around with a HDD.