Doujin Software Release Thread

Started by famiac, March 19, 2015, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

Hey all,

I have just dumped a couple of doujin games.

First is Mokonas, a falling blocks type puzzle game based on the Mokona characters of Mokona Modoki

The file is attached

The second is A-Jine. I believe it was made by Mr. Terra. This version may or may not be the final one, since i can't get the music to load.

I will not release it yet. I will wait on the decision of some higher ups, since Mr. Terra may not want this released.

The last is XX-Files R. It has some copy protection, and i have been unsuccessful using omniflop and my X68k itself to dump it. It will only boot if you hold OPT.1. If anyone knows how i'd be able to dump it, that'd be of great help.

Thanks guys

EDIT: I figured out how to dump xx-files, but i just destroyed one of my floppy drives. I turned on the surge protector while my x68k's power switch was set to ON, and i think that must have pushed it too much. I'm gonna see if i can recap it quickly. I need 2 floppy drives to dump it.

SuperDeadite

XX Files is probably not protected.  You need to dump it using DPACK.

Holding OP1 forces the system to boot from floppy.  If you can't access the disks normally they are most likely using a 9 sector format.  DPACK supports this format and can be used to read, dump, and write such images.  You also should only need 1 floppy drive if you have an hdd/flash setup.

If this is beyond your knowledge let me know.

famiac

Hey superdeadite!
I did not know about DPACK. I was planning on ejecting the disk while the game was loading, copying some files to a floppy disk in the other drive, then dumping the disk normally. (and repeat)
It shows 9SCIPL on boot, so you're right about the 9 sector format.

I'll try it out when i get back home. Unfortunately i'll be in Colorado for the rest of the week, and my flight is today so i have no time to reassemble my x68k.

I already knew about the function of holding opt.1 and bypassing the sram.

Despite the fact that i have an sd card setup, i would like to have two working floppy drives anyway, so i'll have to recap the drives next weekend. No worries though, the game will get dumped.

SuperDeadite

9 Sector Driver http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/x68/util/se022414.html

DPACK http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/x68/util/se012385.html

Your idea will get you the data, but you can't make a proper image that way.
Throw the above 2 items on your HDD.
Boot up into the hdd as you normally would
Run the 9 Sector driver first
then insert the disk and run dpack.
Dpack will scan the disk and create a proper image based on disk type and assign a proper file extension.

For example if you just type ''dpack xxfiles''
dpack will create an image from drive 0 and call it xxfiles.xxx
the .xxx will either be 2hd, 2he, or 2hs depending on the disk's format.

you can use dpack to rewrite the image as well.  the -r command is used to restore image to disk.

the 9 sector driver suite also includes a format program which can be used to format blank disks into
almost any format if you whish to use omniflop later.

SuperDeadite

Also once you have run the 9 sector driver you can access the disk like normal.
Meaning you can copy the data directly from the disk to the hdd.  No need to copy it to another disk.
But you really should use dpack to make a perfect 1:1 image of the original.

famiac

Thanks a lot for the information superdeadite. This is very valuable to me. My goal then will be to release the game next week.

A-Jine coming soon...
I got some more info on it. The game is an unfinished demo by Mr. TERRA, but it is really fun to play.

famiac

Alright guys! Attached is a zip containing the xdf of Mr. TERRA's demo "A-Jine"

This game isn't in finished stage, and has no music composed for it. However, you can add MDC files to the music directory. This is explained in the game manual on the disk.

A huge thanks to TERRA for allowing me to release this game to the public. It would be nice if anybody downloading it would show a similar appreciation for TERRA's work.

Enjoy!