Double d-pad games?

Started by Psygnosis8, February 20, 2015, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psygnosis8

I managed to get an xpd-1lr controller.  It's awesome for libble rabble an crazy climber (although crazy climber 2 doesn't work with it for some reason.  Anybody know if you can activate it somehow?)

Anyway, are there any more games that support this pad?

X-Col

I've been searching for one of these for ages, but won't pay the stupid prices asked.

I thought both Crazy Climber games supported it, strange the the second one doesn't  :o

Psygnosis8

Cc2 works with a 6 button pad, but not a dual d-pad for some reason.  In cc1 you have to select it in the options menu, but I can't find and options menu for cc2.

SuperDeadite

Ribble Rabble, CC1 and 2 are the only games that support it.  CC2 has an options menu, can't quite remember off hand as it's been awhile though.

Psygnosis8

Quote from: SuperDeadite on February 21, 2015, 10:15:30 AM
Ribble Rabble, CC1 and 2 are the only games that support it.  CC2 has an options menu, can't quite remember off hand as it's been awhile though.

Sounds like it was a big hit when it came out.

SuperDeadite

Well it was never sold by itself.  It came with every copy of Libble Rabble.  Micomsoft did this a lot back then.  Chelnov came with an MD pad adapter, Pac-Land came with a 3 button controller for mashing (no other game uses it), and Cameltry came with a gizmo that turns the trackball-mouse into an analog paddle.

Psygnosis8

That's kind of cool that a lot of games had that.  I was wondering about cameltry because the spinner is depicted in the instruction screens.  I just thought it was an artifact from the arcade board (since most of these games seem to just be the arcade ROMs on a disk.)

SuperDeadite