Overclock Playstation

Started by robert ivy, April 28, 2004, 07:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert ivy

I have successfully discovered how to overclock my playstation to 67 MHz (stock speed is 33) I'll post instructions on my site shortly! cheers

http://www.geocities.com/robivy64/ucm.html

atom

Hmm im quite interested even though i dont have a playstation. Is this for a specific model of playstation? Theres only 3 right? Or is that 4? Or am i completely wrong and is it like 20?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

robert ivy

There are slight differences between models, but nothing major. I am going to try the PSOne next :)

benzaldehyde

OK, that does it... you're out of your fucking mind!

Welcome to the club! Can you maybe prepare some film of your work in action?

robert ivy

Ahh its good to overclock crap ;). Ill see what I can do about the film. Ill try and find a loading-intensive game and post a video on my site :).  

Smoothmove

i read on a site that ill get it to 93 MHz

Disconnect Pin 4 on the CPU from the board, then disconnect pin 6 on the clock chip from the board. Connect with wire and solder.
Enjoy

Metal_4evr

Does this mod speed up FMV's too or just gameplay?

James Dean

Umm, why?  What are some benefits of doing this?

Endymion

Well presumably you saw the mention of faster loading? I would suppose that there should be some games that would run faster with this mod (like the N64 and Genesis overclocks) also but none are noted.

robert ivy

93 MHz is not on the board. In ored to achieve that speed, you would need an external source such as an oscillator.
 The 67 MHz signal is used for the graphics chip, and a 25 MHz signal is used for sound. The same 67 MHz signal is divided by 2 and sent to the R3000A. I do plan on seeing if I can push it to 100 MHz via oscillator soon :).

rob