News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

about ZMUSIC

Started by ericb59, January 06, 2015, 04:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericb59

Hello,

I cannot find easy explanations (in english) about Zmusic.
I found Zmusic V2 and V3

My question is :
is it possible to play ZMUSIC from X68000 and sned output to the Midi Card/expander ?
if Yes... how ?
thanks

neko68k

It depends. Some Z MUSIC  songs are made to support midi, some aren't. The ones that aren't will play internally. The ones that are will play over midi.

SuperDeadite

Z Music is simply a driver to control FM, ADPCM, and MIDI.  To play ZMUSIC files directly you need an audio player program that runs the Z Music driver.  The full Z Music suite does contain a simple text based player, but there are several other programs that will work and are much easier to work with.

ericb59

I'm trying to play musics from Illusion city's game.
as the game have an option to use midi expander I suppose the zmusic files are compatible and can play with midi expander.

So i  tried the zmusic player inbeded with zplayer v2 package. But i cannot find the exact commande to send output to midi.

can you tell me wich other program i may use on the x68000 to play zmusic ?
and where i can download such programs ?

thanks

neko68k

Playing zmusic is kind of a mess. I'll cook up something for the wiki later this week.

neko68k

I forgot to get back to this. The songs on the first disk of Illusion City do not support MIDI. Not even in the game. All the rest of the music is stashed away in custom containers across all the disks. Sorry.