Gameboy Advance 8 Button mod

Started by fragment, April 22, 2004, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragment

Any idea where they got the buttons to do this, and how it was mounted? I know how they hooked it up to the motherboard, but don't know how they have the button surface mounted.

Gameboy 8 Button Mod

fragment

Here is a reply from a mashmods

The buttons are translucent and made of
a strong rubbery material, when you press them
they feel the same as the SP buttons (using
micro switches rather than the contacts
on the circuit board).

Thank you,
Gregor
www.mashmods.com

benzaldehyde

That would be quite useful for them fightin' games. Now if only Nintendo had thought of putting the L & R buttons on the face... or (even better) making them X & Y buttons... no, that may be asking too much of them. :P

fragment

I heard that they were afraid that straight SNES ports would be made on that system, but like that didn't happen anyways, along with the missing X and Y buttons. I want this mainly for Street Fighter Alpha 3. Any other games could benefit from this? Street Fighter II Revival can't because that game determined different punches/kicks by how long you held the button (which I hated).

Martin

QuoteI heard that they were afraid that straight SNES ports would be made on that system, but like that didn't happen anyways, along with the missing X and Y buttons. I want this mainly for Street Fighter Alpha 3. Any other games could benefit from this? Street Fighter II Revival can't because that game determined different punches/kicks by how long you held the button (which I hated).
the uk snes didn't have x and y buttons... it had c and d buttons lol
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

dum dum

i think that was supposed to be a joke, but just to reassure people who may be confused, pal snes's do have X and Y buttons on their pads

Martin

Quotei think that was supposed to be a joke, but just to reassure people who may be confused, pal snes's do have X and Y buttons on their pads
Nah it wasnt a joke I just got confused with an unofficial Joypad I had that had different labels on the buttons. Sorry about that. :unsure:  
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

fragment

so any idea where those buttons came from?