WinX68kHighSpeed - Startup in Fullscreen mode?

Started by X-Col, December 04, 2014, 02:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Col

Hi guys,

Still using emulation since my X68000 needs a capacitor change. WinX68k HighSpeed being my emulator of choice by far.

However, there is one thing that annoys me. It always starts in windowed mode.
Is there some way to make it startup in full screen mode?

Cheers!

H68k

It would appear WinX68k HighSpeed does not have a full screen on start option of any kind in the configuration window.

You might want to try XM6 or any of it's offspring. of one in particular I recommend is XM6g, it has an option to restore it's last window settings on exit. and with GIMONS resent changes, it seams to have been speeded up a bit in responsiveness and frame rate.

I don't know if its as responsive as Win68k HighSpeed yet mind you, that's why I still use Win68k for some games, as it has very little input input lag VS XM6g and a better frame rate. but on the other hand, XM6 is better all-round just for running software. 

X-Col

Cheers! Tried XM6g and its a great emulator, and it does save your settings :)

I still prefer WinX68k HighSpeed though, it runs better on my Pentium 4 system. It feels almost as good as the real thing. Just a shame that you have to flick it onto full screen every time you start it.

With my Yamaha XG, SC-55 & CM-64 connected it's great. Although the midi support on XM6g seems to be just as good.

Are any of the emulators actively being updated?

AnnaWu

PI. (original XM6 author) is back, maybe he is more open concerning the emulation and its sources.

H68k

QuoteI still prefer WinX68k HighSpeed though, it runs better on my Pentium 4 system. It feels almost as good as the real thing.

Yet another advantage of WinX68k High Speed vs XM6 on older hardware. It's more lightweight and has more speed.

QuoteAre any of the emulators actively being updated?

No other X68k emulator has been updated in a long time, sadly.. the only exemption being the recent XM6. of witch the last version was released in late 2006. It's variants. xm6g, xm6i and xm6p are still in active development though. with xm6g being the most active at the moment.

QuotePI. (original XM6 author) is back, maybe he is more open concerning the emulation and its sources.

Perhaps if PI is asked nicely.. he may be willing to donate the most up to date source code of the original XM6 to help with the improvement of the X68k emulation code in MESS?