New game proposal - Advanced Trolling Simulator

Started by eidis, December 01, 2014, 11:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eidis

Hi Guys !

I had this idea for some time and wanted to hear you opinion. How about a game called "Advanced trolling simulator" ? It could be coded in X-Basic and similar to olden text adventure games.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

sleepydwarf

HAHA That would just be so funny.

It may require a certain degree of AI, the downside comes in the fact that although AI is still quite limited it may provide more intelligence than real life TROLLS.

Almost made wish I could code just to knock something together  ;D

eidis

Hi Sleepydwarf !

Thank you for the feedback. You could write the AI and I'll take care of the engine. Please keep in mind that before this can happen it is necessary to create a wiki page dedicated to every known X-Basic command.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Psygnosis8

This if fucking hilarious.  ;D

kendrick

So, this would be Eliza but with hostile responses coded to be culture-specific? Apart from being on the x68000, how would this differ from any of the smartass Chatbots in the wild right now?

eidis

Hi Kendrick !

Thank you for the interesting questions. First of all a little bit of history.

I believe that the X68000 section has went through the following important evolution stages:

1) Playing games from floppy disks
2) Playing games from hard drive
3) Repairs, upgrades, technical information

I would like to take it even further and encourage coding on the X68000 but there are few problems. The proposed solution must be beginner friendly so that anyone can join and not only the ultra smart people who know more than one programming language. X-BASIC was a natural choice. It is very powerful and allows to code on the X68000 without much hardware knowledge. There will be a lot of work involved in translating the main executable, the function files and reference manual but it could spark an X68000 homebrew scene and that would be awesome. The next step after X-BASIC and familiarizing with the system would be to use the fantastic toolchain by Lydux.

After searching for Eliza, I found lots of pictures of Eliza Dushku and ELIZA source code in BASIC
http://everything2.com/title/ELIZA+source+code+in+BASIC

And now the answers to your questions:

QuoteSo, this would be Eliza but with hostile responses coded to be culture-specific?

The game is not intended to be racist in any way. I would rather like to make it a scenario based game, based on the most frequent trolling attempts which happen in our forum. Right now there is only one planned scenario - It's mine, give it to me. Anyone can join the development by having their say. The more ideas, the more interesting the game will be. Please share your thoughts and suggestions about the AI. Please keep in mind that the development will not start untill X-BASIC and its reference manual is completely translated. Maybe by then the idea of this game will be abandoned or replaced by something better.

QuoteApart from being on the x68000, how would this differ from any of the smartass Chatbots in the wild right now?

It's the journey what counts, not the result. Just like the text in Street Fighter 2 ending, when completed with RYU.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

H68k

This should be a program for KO win or SX windows instead.. that way you can have a clicky BAN! button.

eidis

Hi H68k !

The main part of the game will be text only. I think that "summon moderator" could be a good alternative to BAN button.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

eidis

I went on the internet recently and found this:

PSA: Avoid WD Passport drives. You can't reformat them for use as just a normal drive with Linux.
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/17b64a/psa_avoid_wd_passport_drives_you_cant_reformat/

This should be good material for Scenario #2 - It is impossible.

Here are a few excerpts:

QuoteThis reminds me of the joke on how to get linux help.

Don't say you need help doing the task (reformatting a WD passport drive) as your responses will be to google it or RTFM. Instead boldly claim that it is impossible to do so (you can't reformat a WD drive) and then wait for some expert to quickly and clearly prove you wrong with clear instructions on how to do it.

QuoteUh yeah it works for just about anything. If you want to ask a question and are too lazy to search for the answer, just make a 'wrong' statement about the subject and eventually someone will get upset and prove you wrong and then you have your answer. Saying something is impossible is a good way to do that.

For example:

"It is impossible to do a quick sort in C++"

"There is no way to run the Steam Client for Windows under WINE."

"Ubuntu does not have paint, video editing, and an Objective-C compiler like the Macintosh has."

"It is impossible to prove climate change is real."

"Evolution is not possible because there are no fossil records of early life."

"There are no movies about the French Revolution."

"The formula for gravity does not exist."

I mean basically you pick something you want to learn about and then phrase your topic into one of the above sentences and just sit back and relax and wait, and someone will get upset and prove you wrong. I call it "Troll Research" or "Trolling for Results".

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis