craiganderson

deadly edge??

Is this a real game?
Anybody have it to share?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihWNK_1g1Y

thank you
craig

AnnaWu

I guess this game was never released by the creator.

SuperDeadite

It is real.  That video was made by the game's music composer.  He has stated many times he will not release the images publicly unless he has permission from the game's creator.

craiganderson

Mr Creator,

Will you please release the game? I wanna play it.

-craig

Ale555

My, just stumbled on a video.
This game is freakin' awesome!!!
:o

Serious, can we start a petition?? I would buy it as new!!!

Psygnosis8

Oh, man I hope this gets released (and compiled into an HDD image so noobs like me can play it.)

This looks incredible.  I mean, a doujin shooter with more than one background?  Yes, please.

I see soo many references to other classic shmups.  The weapon system reminds me of Gradius and Thunder force 2/3.  The backgrounds bring to mind Dead Moon and U.N. Squadron.  Pretty amazing.  Why would this guy not want to release it?  There's nothing to be ashamed of here...

H68k

I'd like to know what H4X the author used to get more than 2 scrolling backgrounds.. or give the illusion of multiple scrolling backgrounds. As the X68k's Video Controller chip set only supports 2 scrolling backgrounds at a time?

If there asked nicely, they may consider releasing it now or sometime in the near future.. Like TERRA did with Illumination Laser after so long.. Who knows maybe??

X-Col

Makes you think how much of the X68000's software library remains undiscovered....

Hope more platformers are discovered, there's already an abundance of shooters.

Looks great though, hope it is released into the wild some day!  :P

peter_j

A copy is up for auction:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f144485906

I'll bid up to 3500yen, but I fear it will go for a lot more than that, if anyone else with deeper pockets would like to bid.

famiac

Shit i was hoping nobody would post. It's gonna sell for a lot more now. I'm going to bid more than 3500 on it.

If i do win this, it will be released.

famiac

Sorry guys, i couldn't justify paying more than 42000 yen, and i couldn't afford it.

I guess we'll have to wait another very long while before we play this game.

eidis

Hi Guys !

This brings a very good question. Does the person who won the auction visits our forum ?

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

famiac

Doubtful. Very few collectors are willing to pay that much money AND release the game to the public

X-Col

I think the only hope we have is for the author the release it into the wild...

I personally can't understand any reluctance to do so, I'm sure he/she can't still be earning any income from it in 2015!

Ale555