Two separate problems on two separate monitors

Started by Chibi Nappa, October 02, 2003, 06:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibi Nappa

My first problem is on an RGB monitor I got in a DDR cabinet.  There is a faint "ghost" image a few mm to the right of the real picture.  It is quite an annoying flaw in an otherwise great picture.  Any ideas what causes that and how to fix it?

My second problem is on a Wells Gardner 9200 serries monitor.  The picture "pinches" in the middle.  For example, a screen full of uniform squares would have skinny rectangles in the center of the screen and wide rectangles at the left and right sides of the screen.  Again, any idea how to fix that one?

NFG

I've never had good luck with arcade monitors, it seems they're built to industrial (read: durable) spec and not to any kind of beauty spec.  Bad geometry and misconvergence are the norm.  As for ghosting...  That's kind of strange in an RGB monitor, typically it's a problem with composite video.  I'd suspect the cabling first, if you can replace the cable with a shorter one or one that's of higher quality you might see some success.

Thanks.  I'll try replacing the cable.  It is a really cheap one now that I think about it...

Hey there! Definately sounds like misconvergence on the first one. But with the WG you should be able to fix that with a trim pot amongst the numerous pots you would have one the CRT's PCB. I cant remember off hand what abveviation my 29" Nanao has on the pot that adjusts this portion of the geometary but have a tweak. But before you go too far with it, perhaps mark with a pen or similar where the pot rotors were before you adjust it as you might get it out of control. Happens to the best of us  :rolleyes:

Oh and arcade monitors freakin rock!! ;)