Compact Flash Setup Recommendations?

Started by Psygnosis8, October 14, 2014, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psygnosis8

I'm having trouble finding an AztecMonster CF adaptor.  There's none currently listed on Yahoo Japan.  Anybody have any suggestions on where to get one?  Or is there another SCSI to CF adaptor that's more plentiful that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Psygnosis8

Hey, man thanks!   8) I'll give it a shot.

Edit--errp, that's the guy I originally tried to buy it from.  He said that "when they come back in stock" he'd let me know.  I'm just worried that they never will...

98pacecar

Now that I think about it, I had to wait a little bit to get mine. But it all worked out perfect!

Psygnosis8

Psygnosis8

Anybody have any experience with a CF RaizinMonster?  They're more readily available.  I'm wondering what kind of cable you need to plug it into the X68000.

RetroRepair

I've no experience of that but I'd recommend SCSI2SD over the others just due to cost and features/update frequency. Works on all models of X68000 too.

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

Psygnosis8

Quote from: RetroRepair on October 22, 2014, 12:54:32 AM
I've no experience of that but I'd recommend SCSI2SD over the others just due to cost and features/update frequency. Works on all models of X68000 too.

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

I've heard about that one, too.  I was told that the because of the slower transfer rate with sd, load times are longer.  Do you find this to be the case?

Price wise you can't beat it.

RetroRepair

SD cards are pretty fast these days too but to be honest, on a system like this I can't see it being an issue. I've certainly not seen it to be a problem, it's plenty fast  8)

eidis

Hi Guys !

Is there anyone who owns AztecMonster and SCSI2SD ?

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Psygnosis8

I think robivy64 has tried both but I'm not sure.

costa

I have both.
But so far, have installed them only on SCSI machines.

Quote from: eidis on October 23, 2014, 01:23:59 AM
Hi Guys !

Is there anyone who owns AztecMonster and SCSI2SD ?

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

eidis

Hi Costa !

Could you please run the attached software on both adapters and post the results ? Please see the attached picture for preview of what this software does. Execute it by typing dskbench <ID of the drive to be tested> (in my case dskbench 0).

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.